Data Science Intern at Credit Karma
Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in Oakland, Charlotte, Los Angeles and London.
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
The Credit Karma Data Science Intern Program is a 12 week paid internship program located in Charlotte, NC. During your internship, you will be placed into a team where you will work on various projects to help Credit Karma fulfill its mission to make financial progress possible for everyone. Interns will have the opportunity to participate in weekly cohort meetings, team outings, events, and engage in discussions with Credit Karma leadership. If you want to be in a true learning environment and are eager to make an impact in your next internship, this is the place to be! We will equip you with the tools and relationship building techniques you need to be successful wherever life may take you.
What you'll do:
- Partner with colleagues throughout the organization to identify high-impact opportunities to leverage our extensive data to better serve our users in Personal Finance.
- Be responsible for accelerating revenue advancement through disruptive and continuous improvements in various data science models (targeting, approval odds, marketing campaigns, etc.), feature engineering including user profiles and behavior, personalization, etc.
- Participate in research efforts with other team members to explore the frontiers of Deep Learning, Recommender systems, Financial Assistant, and other areas, as they apply to Personal Finance.
What's great about the role:
- You will work with large scale Machine Learning Models to optimize for Personal Finance Products.
- You will work in a highly impactful team, who are working on large scale projects that directly impact the business and members.
- You will experience both personal and professional growth as you learn throughout the team.
Minimum Basic Requirement:
- Pursuing an Undergrad, Masters, or PhD Degree
- Majors: Statistics, Mathematics, or Computer Science
- General knowledge of Machine Learning
- Programming knowledge in Python, SQL
- Ambitious, results oriented, hardworking and creative thinker.
- Passionate about ML and big data
- Good knowledge of Python, R and SQL, as well as ML systems such as TensorFlow, Torch, etc.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Credit Karma is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information or other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with applicable fair chance laws.
Credit Karma is also committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment because it is the right thing to do. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth. As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated.
COVID-19 update (US Jobs Only):
Credit Karma believes that vaccines are one of the most powerful tools to fight COVID-19 and save lives. We also believe that in order to work toward our mission of helping people make financial progress, people first and foremost need their health. All employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their start date unless otherwise approved for an exception as may be required by law.
Credit Karma is strongly committed to protecting personal data. Please take a look below to review our privacy policies:
- California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)