Bioinformatics Intern at DNAnexus (Remote)
DNAnexus is the leading cloud-based SaaS company providing genomic data and analysis technology to the healthcare and life science industry. DNAnexus' health informatics platform serves customers across — biopharmaceutical, clinical diagnostics, healthcare, academic research, and government in 48 countries with compliant protection of data, privacy, and intellectual property. Our platform provides a secure and collaborative environment where genomics, multi-omics, and clinical data can be analyzed at scale, providing new insights that can lead to new scientific discoveries, targeted drug development, and better patient care. For more information on DNAnexus, please visit www.dnanexus.com or follow the company @DNAnexus.Job Description
You are a Bioinformatician or (Computational) Biologist with a strong bond with Bioinformatics, you desire to be challenged each and every day, and enjoy working with brilliant people to deliver impactful solutions. You want to use your skills to make the world a better place. This is an exciting opportunity to join DNAnexus' team for the summer, work with bioinformatics experts across the globe and gain valuable work experience.
- Complete a project of interest to you and of value to the company, for example, implementing a new bioinformatics pipeline on the DNAnexus Platform, building a knowledge base, or benchmarking tools.
- Learn and use best practices of software development
Skills & Requirements
- Familiarity with at least one programming language, preferably Python and Bash
- Familiarity with concepts of genomics (and multi-omics), general knowledge of NGS and its applications
- Familiarity with some common bioinformatic tools and how to use them (BWA, Samtools, GATK..)
- Familiarity with code version control tools (Github)
- Knowledge of workflow language concepts (CWL, WDL, Nextflow) and containerization concepts (Docker) is a plus.
- Good written and verbal communication and presentation skills in English
Based in Mountain View, California, DNAnexus is experiencing rapid growth and is searching for the best talent to join our team. We recently completed a $200 million financing round to advance our growth globally to further serve leading healthcare and life science organizations. Key investors include Google Ventures, Perceptive Advisors, Northpond Ventures, TPG Biotech, and Foresite Capital.
If you are interested in joining our team, please apply today!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.