Talent Acquisition Specialist at Paper (Remote)
Driven by the mission to democratize education, Paper is the largest provider of educational support, supporting millions of students through partnerships with thousands of school districts. Paper helps deliver true educational equity through their category leading Educational Support System (ESS) that offers virtual access to 24/7 tutors and essay reviewers. Founded in 2014, Paper philosophically believes that all students should be given the tools and resources to reach their academic potential, independent of socio-economic status, geography, language or other barriers. We are headquartered in Montreal, Quebec with remote employees across the US and Canada. Paper is proud to have been named by GSV as one of the most transformational growth companies in digital learning.
The Talent Acquisition Specialist will be helping Paper grow to new heights by recruiting for a variety of roles for Paper. This person will be a team player and thrive in a high-paced environment, in which they can bring their style of recruitment all while having a passion for the EdTech industry. They should find satisfaction in the art of recruitment, making matches, and making people’s career aspirations become a reality.
This position can be located in any geography in the US or Canada.
- Manage full-cycle recruiting process for a variety of roles ensuring a seamless and positive candidate experience.
- Partner with internal clients to develop sourcing strategies for current and future needs.
- Lend your expertise as the company centralizes its recruitment process, coaching interviewers on hiring best practices.
- Play an integral role in employer branding initiatives,
- Ensure consistency, fairness, and the absence of bias in Paper’s recruitment practices, placing focus on ensuring a diverse pool of candidates is considered for the company’s open positions.
- Be an ambassador for the company, and identify creative ways to tap into communities of talent that could be great for Paper.
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a recruiter handling a high volume of roles.
- Experience with recruitment at a fast-growing tech company; additional experience working at a recruitment agency will be considered an asset.
- Experience with Greenhouse and other recruitment tools/software.
- Comfort with working remotely and hiring across multiple markets in the US and Canada.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- The ability to shift gears and thrive in a frequently-changing environment.
- Work with a dynamic team that provides support whenever you get stuck.
- Remote first environment.
- Annual company-wide meetups.
- Opportunity for career development with a fast-growing company.
- A unique opportunity to make an impact by making education more equitable.
- Stipend to help support the growth of your home office.
- Unlimited access to tutoring for children of Paper employees.
Paper offers an exciting, dynamic, inclusive work environment putting excellence at the center of everything we do. Our mission is woven into the fabric of our culture, challenging our team to build meaningful and creative solutions.
We thrive when we collaborate with each other, and use integrity and selflessness to align our business decisions with our mission. We approach every challenge with positivity, achieving the outcome we want regardless of what gets in the way. Our tenacity propels our hyper-growth, where trust is key and we all strive to make an impact every day.
We believe that diverse teams build better products. Paper does not and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender orientation, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status in any of its activities or operations.
Nobody checks every box, but the Paper team is built by passionate and innovative people who share our mission for democratizing education. If you don’t think you meet all of the requirements above but are still interested in the job, please apply.
PS. Equity is our mission! We make sure to treat all candidates equally: If you are interested please apply through our job board - our amazing talent team will reach out! Our team isn't able to pass on any calls/ emails our way - and this makes sure that the candidate experience is smooth and fair to everyone.