ezCater is the world’s largest online marketplace for catering – a $60+ billion market just in the U.S. Businesspeople use us to find and order great food for meetings and events; restaurants and caterers use us to grow their catering business. We’re backed by Insight Partners, Iconiq Capital, Wellington, Lightspeed, and GIC, and in early 2019 were valued at $1.25 billion. COVID slammed us, but we responded by finding new customer segments and seizing the rare opportunity COVID offered: when in life does a very successful operation get a do-over? Come help us power Food For Work even better than we did it the first time.
What’s an Internal Communications Manager at ezCater? A storyteller. A connector. Someone with an eagle eye for opportunities to communicate, and for places where communication is missing. Someone with an inventor’s genius for ways to unforgettably - and unmiss-ably - effect that communication.
We’re choosing to be a remote-hybrid workplace across 17+ states and British Columbia. We’re also choosing to be world-class at that. That calls for world-class internal communications - all against the backdrop of ezCater’s culture of radical transparency and astonishing helpfulness.
We don’t want you to simply take directives and communicate them - we want you to help develop whatever needs to be communicated to the company. Not only should you have experience connecting people in many ways, you should have the confidence to challenge all of us and push us to adopt new ways to connect.
What you'll do:
- Invent, and drive, an internal comms strategy that keeps us informed and connected during rocketship growth. Figure out what we want and need to say, when to say it, and how to say it across internal channels.
- Be constantly and completely plugged in to every part of our operation, building strong relationships in every department, and developing a broad knowledge of what’s happening throughout the company.
- Constantly seek out the most inspiring stories, and create innovative ways to communicate those to the ezCater team.
- Produce superb written internal communications and provide constructive feedback on executive and other internal communications, including emails, Slacks, presentations, video, and speeches.
- Assist in inventing, planning, and executing internal events - and the occasional customer-facing one, too.
What we hope you have:
- 5+ years of communications experience, preferably leading internal communications for companies across multiple locales.
- Proven ability to support business goals with a compelling communications strategy that is rooted in the company’s business, people, and culture.
- Experience working with senior leaders and the confidence to challenge and guide the messages they deliver and the way they deliver them.
- The agility to thrive in a changing environment, juggling competing tasks with exceptional organization.
- Strong empathy: the ability to listen carefully, be sensitive to different audience perspectives and different ways people take in information, and be inclusive in all communications.
Starting Salary Range: $86,000 - $112,000
What you’ll get from us:
You’ll get a terrifically compelling opportunity, in an environment of radical transparency, open access to all the data, and collaborative colleagues at every level of our organization. You’ll also get sane working hours and great flexibility around work/life balance.
Have people in your life – of any age – who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and you’ll get all this: Market salary, stock options that you’ll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K with ezCater match, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, remote-hybrid work from our awesome Boston or Denver offices OR your home OR a mixture of both home and office (you choose!), a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies) once we get back to our offices, and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.