Who We Are
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. The Motive Automated Operations Platform combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to automate vehicle and equipment tracking, driver safety, compliance, maintenance, spend management, and more. Motive serves more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is proud to be a Forbes Cloud 100 company and a 2020 Career-Launching Company by Wealthfront.
Acts as a key partner to leaders, HRBPs and Legal in driving employee relations strategies. Plays a role in creating great employee experience by ensuring unbiased and neutral facilitation of the resolution process of the complaints and concerns. Responsible for ensuring that employee policies, practices, and programs are consistently applied across the company. This position is also responsible for helping facilitate the open door process and investigating complaints or legal charges and assisting with preparation of legal responses to complaints or charges.What You'll Do:
- Serves as the main point of contact and ER investigator
- Conducts investigations that have varying levels of difficulty and sensitivity and makes recommendations on appropriate resolutions.
- Assumes ownership of cases assigned and monitors the progress of cases to ensure timely resolution and keeps detailed and accurate account of investigation with timely memorialization of the notes and supporting documents
- Identifies, investigates and resolves issues of employee concerns or conflict in an appropriate and timely manner, including Title VII issues, human rights, workplace rights, general conduct, performance, safety, and attendance.
- Responsible for ensuring that employee policies, practices, and programs are consistently applied across the company.
- Helps facilitate the open door process and investigate complaints or legal charges
- In consultation with Legal and HRBPs, plans and implements ER processes, plans, programs, and tools to build and enhance organizational capability
- Assists with preparation of legal responses to complaints or charges.
- Conducts risk assessments, by evaluating information from various sources, and follows up on action items
- Participating in mediations may also be required, as well as playing a part in alternative dispute resolution.
- Interprets policy and makes recommendations for policy updates as needed.
- Facilitates field based training when needed.
- Bachelor's degree from accredited university or equivalent in work experience
5+ year experience in HR with 3+ years of direct experience with employee relations and/or labor relations
- OR, J.D with 2+ years in employment law focusing on litigation
Effective conflict management skills
A comprehensive knowledge of employment laws and regulations including Title VII, ADA, ADEA, FMLA, FCRA, NLRA, FLSA, WARN, etc.
Knowledge of employment laws of India, Pakistan, and Canada is a plus; or ability to learn employment laws of other countries and apply them to the ER cases
Positive Employee Relations experience
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please do not let an arrest or conviction record prevent you from applying for employment at Motive. Motive considers qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.