Founded in 2014, Opendoor’s mission is to empower everyone with the freedom to move. We believe the traditional real estate process is broken and our goal is simple: build a digital, end-to-end customer experience that makes buying and selling a home simple, certain and fast. We have assembled a dedicated team with diverse backgrounds to support more than 100,000 homes bought and sold with us and the customers who have selected Opendoor as a trusted partner in handling one of their largest financial transactions. But the work is far from over as we continue to grow in new markets. Transforming the real estate industry takes tenacity and dedication. It takes problem solvers and builders. It takes a tight knit community of teammates doing the best work of their lives, pushing one another to transform a complicated process into a simple one. So where do you fit in? Whether you’re passionate about real estate, people, numbers, words, code, or strategy -- we have a place for you. Real estate is broken. Come help us fix it.
About this role:
Opendoor is looking for a Benefits Manager to support its rapidly growing population. Reporting the Head of HR, you will partner with HR and business leaders to manage the strategic design and implementation of benefit programs across the country while ensuring a great employee experience. The right candidate thrives in fast-paced, high growth culture that values strategic communication, teamwork and results. You are self-motivated and detail oriented with a strong orientation to data analytics and project management.
In this role you will:
- Implement all benefits and retirement programs.
- Develop benefits strategies that ensure programs are designed competitively, executed efficiently, and align with company goals.
- Project manage benefits renewals including timelines, analysis, and implementation.
- Manage new location benefit program set-ups.
- Ensure benefits programs deliver a great employee experience through innovative solutions, communications, and education.
- Participate in mergers and acquisitions, from due diligence to integration.
- Partner with Finance, Legal, and Procurement teams to ensure benefit programs remain compliant and third party vendors meet company requirements.
- Collaborate with Communications team to ensure benefits programs are communicated effectively and creatively to employees and dependents.
- Partner with Benefits Brokers and vendor partners to ensure benefits are designed competitively and delivered efficiently and effectively
- Develop global wellness campaigns and all benefits related communication campaigns
- Keep current on market trends, business challenges and priorities by gathering competitive market data and networking with industry peers
We're looking for teammates who have:
- 5-8 years of experience in global benefits
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, HR, or related field
- Experience in a fast-paced technology company
- Strong project management and analytical skills
- Ability to influence senior management and work across all levels of the organization
- Effectively build relationships with key stakeholders
- Ability to prepare and deliver executive level presentations
- Experience in a software development company
- Experience with international benefits
More About Us:
Want to learn more about us and how we are revolutionizing the home buying and selling process? Learn more about us on our website, check out our profile on The Muse to learn more about our culture from our team members, or read our blog posts to hear about the work we are doing.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 70% coverage for dependents
- Flexible vacation policy
- Generous parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor Values Openness:
Our team celebrates our diverse backgrounds. We believe that being open about who we are and what we do allows us to be better. Individuals seeking employment at Opendoor are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Read Full Job Description