Global Real Estate Project Specialist at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
As a Global Real Estate Project Specialist for Affirm, you will be part of the Global Real Estate & Workplace team at Affirm and assist the team in overseeing our Affirm real estate portfolio. In this role, you will help manage and support our global real estate portfolio through lease management, site selections, buildouts, and subleases. This also includes managing established programs and project-based work for the Real Estate & Workplace teams. In addition, there will be an expectation to partner closely with internal teams and external partners and vendors to align on expectations, track progress for all of our current projects, and make sure that all are in line with pre-established budgets.What you’ll do:
- Run & support Real Estate project-based work with internal and external teams
- Manage Warranty Issues on FF&E and other Affirm office assets as passed down by the Workplace team
- Lead, coordinate, and oversee our office seating program through our current vendor, OfficeSpace
- Lead all aspects of and manage external Real Estate vendors
- Contract negotiations - Partner with our Financial Partnerships team to upload contracts, finalize budgets, and ensure invoices are paid.
- Manage, administer, and oversee the Workplace portion of our Support Portal (Jira)
- Project management in collaboration with cross functioning teams: IT & Finance Org
- Build and develop policy and program documentation pertaining to our Real Estate and Workplace teams
- A passion for commercial real estate and project management
- 3 - 5 years of professional work experience, preferably at a high growth tech company
- Proven experience in lease transactions and negotiations or commercial real estate project coordination preferably at a high-growth company
- BA/BS degree in business, finance, or similar quantitative field
- Experience or exposure with Workplace management tools like OfficeSpace and project management tools like Asana and Jira is a plus
- Ability to think creatively and strategically and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and often ambiguous work environment
- Excels at finding creative solutions to short-term and long-term problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to move projects forward asynchronously across time zones through virtual presentations and written channels
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Humility and a strong desire to learn and grow
Location - Proximal to San Francisco
Employees in proximal-to-office roles have the option of working from an Affirm office in the U.S. or remotely, if they are able to return occasionally to the office with one business day’s notice and potentially for consecutive days, in order to fulfill certain job duties and responsibilities. For required in-office presence, Affirm pays expenses for travel to and from the office of up to 90 miles one-way. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, and San Francisco will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.