*** THIS IS A REMOTE, CONTRACT POSITION ***
ConsumerAffairs is a “managed marketplace” for life’s hardest purchases. Our mission is to help consumers make smart buying decisions. We are a diverse team located remotely across the U.S. and internationally.
ABOUT THE JOB:
The Staff Writer, Personal Finance is a vital part of the ConsumerAffairs content team, helping to create and maintain the content library. Main duties include updating existing content and writing new articles, performing independent research and fact-checking data, communicating regularly with the Deputy Editor and/or Managing Editor about improving content and adhering to rigorous SEO and editorial best practices before publishing. The Staff Writer reports to the Managing Editor, Personal Finance and helps ensure the company reaches its publication goals.
This is a remote, full-time contract position.
- Write an average of 5-7 articles per week
- Meet weekly, monthly and quarterly editorial publication goals
- Ensure all published content meets company compliance standards
- Assist with content planning and publishing
- Coordinate with the research team to ensure data and content are accurate
- Create social media content (~1-2 posts/day)
(These responsibilities are not to be construed as a complete statement of all duties performed. Employees will be required to perform other job-related duties as required)
- Degree in English, Journalism or relevant field or equivalent experience
- 1+ years experience writing personal finance content
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Knowledge of writing using SEO best practices and AP style
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience following content outlines and briefs
- Ability to perform research, fact check, and use data reports to write educational content, data-driven news stories, and best of lists
- Experience creating social media content
- Exceptional analytical skills and attention to detail
- Follows visual style guidelines
- Strong ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Experience following an editorial calendar
- Stands up for decisions, takes responsibility for results and shares both good and bad outcomes transparently
(our daily GRIND)
- Responsibility creates the freedom to quickly deliver value, we make no excuses, and consistently improve results.
RESOLVE THROUGH DATA
- We make data-driven decisions, think systematically about ROI and resolve complexity to drive results
INVENT WITH GRIT
- We are intellectually curious, create, take smart risks and grind out results because Fortune Favors the Bold.
NETWORK TO WIN
- We foster diversity, build trust through collaboration, close the loop, get to the bottom-line and turn debate into action and results.
DELIVER IMPACT DAILY
- We grind it out deliver important work, are efficient, have a relentless sense of urgency and drive results
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:
- Location: Remote
- Frequency of travel: Occasional travel may be required for meetings, training and/or conferences
- Light physical activities and efforts required in working within an office environment
(Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with existing ADA requirements for otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities.)
ConsumerAffairs does not discriminate in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in its programs and activities on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, marital status, disability, genetic information or any other reason prohibited by law.