*** THIS IS A REMOTE, CONTRACT POSITION ***
ConsumerAffairs helps consumers make smart buying decisions in moments of need. Every month millions of consumers turn to our site and tools for help with their considered (often emotional) purchases.
We educate them about their options, learn about their specific needs, and connect hundreds of thousands of them directly to brands. These brands use our SaaS tools to manage their reviews and communicate directly with consumers to serve them better. Our business thrives when the consumers who trust us get matched with the right brands for them.
We’re fast-paced and our core values are the bedrock of who we are and who we want to be.
Our employees believe in raising the bar through data-driven innovation, intellectual curiosity, and grit. We have a team first mentality, and manifest wins by putting the team first. Collaboration and teamwork is in our hearts and we believe winning together is the most fun. But, above all else, we care. We have servant hearts for our consumers, customers, and colleagues. If you want to be part of a globally diverse team that’s focussed on helping people, in an environment where we raise the bar, win as a team, and care above all else—then ConsumerAffairs may be just the place for you!
ABOUT THE JOB:
The Staff Writer, Personal Finance is a vital part of the ConsumerAffairs content team, helping to create and maintain the content library. Main duties include updating existing content and writing new articles, performing independent research and fact-checking data, communicating regularly with the Deputy Editor and/or Managing Editor about improving content and adhering to rigorous SEO and editorial best practices before publishing. The Staff Writer reports to the Managing Editor, Personal Finance and helps ensure the company reaches its publication goals.
This is a remote, full-time contract position.
- Write an average of 5-7 articles per week
- Meet weekly, monthly and quarterly editorial publication goals
- Ensure all published content meets company compliance standards
- Assist with content planning and publishing
- Coordinate with the research team to ensure data and content are accurate
- Create social media content (~1-2 posts/day)
(These responsibilities are not to be construed as a complete statement of all duties performed. Employees will be required to perform other job-related duties as required)
- Degree in English, Journalism or relevant field or equivalent experience
- 1+ years experience writing personal finance content
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Knowledge of writing using SEO best practices and AP style
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience following content outlines and briefs
- Ability to perform research, fact check, and use data reports to write educational content, data-driven news stories, and best of lists
- Experience creating social media content
- Exceptional analytical skills and attention to detail
- Follows visual style guidelines
- Strong ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Experience following an editorial calendar
- Stands up for decisions, takes responsibility for results and shares both good and bad outcomes transparently
Raise The Bar
- We raise the bar through innovation, intellectual curiosity, and grit. We are not satisfied with yesterday and our hearts thirst to be better tomorrow.
Win As A Team
- We manifest wins by putting the team first. We have collaboration and teamwork in our hearts and believe winning together is the most fun.
Care Above All Else
We care above all else. We have servant hearts for our consumers, customers, and colleagues. We show our care with our passion for results.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:
- Location: Remote
- Frequency of travel: Occasional travel may be required for meetings, training and/or conferences
- Light physical activities and efforts required in working within an office environment
(Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with existing ADA requirements for otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities.)
ConsumerAffairs provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.