Staff Accountant at arrivia (Phoenix, AZ)
About This Job:
The Staff Accountant responsible for the monthly reconciliation and analysis of key general ledger accounts for balance sheet and key responsibilities and analysis for month end close. You will perform month-end tasks and secure the accuracy of the data related to financial performance of the organization. This position is a key component to keeping the general ledger reliable and accurate for reporting purposes and financial management of the assets.
- Largely responsible to perform specific accounting entries to properly reflect the revenue and expenses on the financial reports.
- Review, reconcile, and analyze specific general ledger accounts on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis including specific balance sheet and profit and loss accounts as assigned.
- Monitor and analyze assigned transactions on the balance sheet for a specific set of accounts for accuracy.
- Analyze assigned accruals and reserves to ensure that revenue and expenses are properly recognized.
- Make decisions to determine the best way to record transactions that best report the financial picture of the company.
- Assist to design and implement processes to better record transactions accurately for consistent reporting.
- Other duties as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- Or, an equivalent combination of experience and education that provides the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the essential functions of the position
- 2+ years of accounting experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Experience with Acumatica and/or OneSteam a plus
- Strong Internal customer service skills
- Logical thinking and problem solving
- Strong analytical skills
- Proven prioritization skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to learn quickly
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Extremely organized and detail oriented
- Ability to work well independently and within a team
Who We Are:
Welcome to arrivia. We specialize in making brands better through the power of travel. With more than 55 years of combined experience, we’re a merger of three powerhouse brands (in case you’ve heard of us in the travel industry) combining ICE, SOR Technology and WMPH Vacations. With offices on both coasts of the US and around the world, we embrace diversity and a passion for travel across our global staff.
We’re focused on building a customer-first culture, fueled by the best travel experiences for all our members at every point in their journey. Grow with us, as we continue our path to deliver innovative solutions and take charge of change. The adventure is only beginning. We’re on a mission to help people around the world travel better and experience more. Our team members bring world-class skills to the table to create extraordinary memories for our partners and members.
Our Core Values:
Here at arrivia we…
- Stay Curious - Explore new challenges and make space to learn, grow and improve
- Keep it Real - Earn trust through open, honest and clear communication
- Own it - Seek ways to make an impact and take action.
- Win Together - Create a culture of connection and inclusion where everyone can be their best