Staff Accountant at ABC Fitness Solutions (Dallas, TX)
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
ABC Fitness Solutions is a premier provider of technology and related financial services for the health and fitness industry, renown for exceptional client service for clubs and their members. Its market-leading billing and collections solutions automate the revenue cycle that enable owners and operators to achieve better financial performance, all in a Software-as-a-Service and cloud-based platform.
ABC's comprehensive technology solutions include DataTrak advanced health club management and MYiCLUBonline extensible member engagement platforms that allow owners and operators to efficiently manage employees, members, resources, sales and drive improved member engagement.
Founded in 1981, ABC helps more than 8,000 health clubs across the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico perform better and more profitably. ABC Financial is a Thoma Bravo portfolio company, a private equity firm based in San Francisco and Chicago (thomabravo.com).
This position is responsible for the overall preparation of journal entries and reconciliations for monthly general ledger close; including assisting with Banking activities, compliance with tax and internal controls, and overseeing the quality, quantity and progress of the month end close as it relates to financial statement preparation.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Partner with Finance Leadership Team to implement vision and mission of ABC Finance.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Accounting Manager, Controller, or CFO.
- General Accounting
- Prepares and records asset, liability, revenue, and expense entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Maintains and balances subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling, and resolving discrepancies.
- Reconcile Balance Sheet accounts as assigned.
- Prepare and post monthly, quarterly, and yearly re-class, adjusting, and accrual entries.
- Audit departments on financial purchases as assigned.
- Reconcile end-of-month bank statements.
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information.
- Assist with monthly, quarterly, and annual tax filings and overall tax compliance.
- Assist with the annual external audit. Complete requested materials and prepare assigned schedules as assigned.
- B.S. or B.A. in Accounting
- CPA certification, preferred
- 2+ years' experience in accounting, including General Ledger and Balance Sheet reconciliation
What you Need:
- Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Professional communication skills
- Ability to make sound decisions and take calculated risks
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- SQL or other query writing experience
- Experience with credit card processing and ACH processing
- Ability to problem solve using deductive reason skills in a timely manner
- Flexibility and adaptability to frequent change
What's in it for you:
- Highly collaborative environment
- Start-up vibe
- Medical, Dental, Vision and 401K
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!