It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!Job SummaryThis position is currently available for work at home to candidates that reside in the following states: Arizona, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Maryland, Missouri, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York – Exempt only, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, Utah, or who reside in neighboring states of Chadds Ford, PA or Lenexa, KS.
Plan and execute financial and operational audits and compliance projects. Usually works with general supervision and is responsible for planning, execution and reporting as the lead resource for multiple business cycles for SOX. May be assisted by entry or intermediate level Staff. Oversees assigned staff to ensure quality of documentation and project status. Timely communicates project management data. Demonstrates on a consistent basis effective application of methodology and technical guidance, including PCAOB auditing standards. Provides timely written and verbal communications to SOX management team. Corporate/LoB points of contact and external auditors.Job Description
Essential Job Functions:
Compliance: Assists and supports the organization with initial compliance with and ongoing preparation, testing, and monitoring of conformance to the requirements of Sarbanes-Oxley legislation. Performs evaluation of internal controls, communications, risk assessments and maintenance of documentation as it relates to Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) section(s) 302 or 404 compliance.
SOX Risk: Conducts ongoing SOX audits, assessing risk in terms of financial, operational and strategic controls. Identifies risk and evaluates deficiencies while working with internal departments/business units to appropriately remedy them. Uses knowledge of SOX Act of 2002 and GAAP.
Auditing: Communicates audit results and prepares written documentation/reports as it relates to SOX, disclosing all significant deficiencies to management.
Training: Facilitates internal training on requirements of SOX compliance. Communication skills to coordinate our activities with line of business, management, various finance and accounting owners, and our external auditors
Reports to: Senior Manager SOX Audit
Working Conditions/ Physical Requirements: Remote
Direct Reports: None
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- Two or more years experience
- CPA/CA, CIA OR CISA in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- Two or more years Public company or external audit experience preferred
About Bread Financial
At Bread Financial, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, give back to your community, and be a part of our award-winning culture. We’ve been consistently recognized as a best place to work in many markets and we’re proud to promote an environment where you feel appreciated, accepted, valued, and fulfilled—both personally and professionally. Bread Financial supports the overall wellness of our associates with a diverse suite of benefits and offers boundless opportunities for career development and non-traditional career progression.
Bread Financial (NYSE: BFH) is a tech-forward financial services company providing simple, personalized payment, lending and saving solutions. The company creates opportunities for its customers and partners through digitally enabled choices that offer ease, empowerment, financial flexibility and exceptional customer experiences. Driven by a digital-first approach, data insights and white-label technology, Bread Financial delivers growth for its partners through a comprehensive product suite, including private label and co-brand credit cards, installment lending, and buy now, pay later (BNPL). Bread Financial also offers direct-to-consumer solutions that give customers more access, choice and freedom through its branded Bread CashbackTM American Express® Credit Card and Bread SavingsTM products.
Formerly Alliance Data, Bread Financial is an S&P MidCap 400 company headquartered in Columbus, Ohio, and committed to sustainable business practices powered by its 6,000+ global associates. To learn more about Bread Financial, visit BreadFinancial.com or follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram.
- Bread Financial offers competitive pay, a comprehensive selection of benefit options including 401(k).
- The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Any applicant offered employment will be required to establish that they are legally authorized to work in the United States for the Company.
- The Company participates in E-Verify.
- The Company will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable federal, state, and local laws, including the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York City Fair Chance Act. Applicants with criminal histories are encouraged to apply.
- The Company complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended, and all applicable state/local laws. The Company will provide accommodations to applicants needing accommodations to complete the application process. Applicants with disabilities may contact the Company to request and arrange for accommodations. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time. Please contact the Recruiting Team at [email protected]
New York City, NY: Disclosure of COVID-19 vaccination status will be required after acceptance of a conditional offer of employment for associates who will work in the Company’s New York City, New York office on a full-time or hybrid basis (“NYC Associates”) to the extent allowed by applicable law. NYC Associates are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 to work on-site. The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider reasonable accommodations where required by applicable law.
Job Family:Accounting / Finance