Senior Manager, Accounting at Fastly (Remote)
Fastly helps people stay better connected with the things they love. Fastly’s edge cloud platform enables customers to create great digital experiences quickly, securely, and reliably by processing, serving, and securing our customers’ applications as close to their end-users as possible — at the edge of the Internet. The platform is designed to take advantage of the modern internet, to be programmable, and to support agile software development. Fastly’s customers include many of the world’s most prominent companies, including Vimeo, Pinterest, The New York Times, and GitHub.
We're building a more trustworthy Internet. Come join us.
Senior Manager, Accounting
We are looking for a proactive, highly motivated, and technically savvy Senior Manager, Accounting to join our growing accounting organization! Reporting directly to the Assistant Corporate Controller, the Senior Manager, Accounting will own the critical and highly visible accounting processes around cost of revenue (COR) and lead a team of accountants. The Senior Manager, Accounting will deliver accurate financial results in a high-growth, fast-paced environment, and will play a tactical role in scaling the COR accounting function and helping build a world class organization.
You will join a dynamic and highly collaborative accounting organization and play a critical role in overseeing the COR accounting function, strategizing and implementing process improvements, and scaling the accounting close process. You will provide leadership and develop direct reports and will regularly work cross functionally with other Fastly teams, such as Infrastructure, Supply Chain, Engineering, and Workplaces.
What You'll Do
- Lead our monthly, quarterly and annual accounting close process for the Corporate Accounting Cost of Revenue team, overseeing the accounting team of 3-5 and manage day-to-day accounting operations
- Own accounting processes and controls around fixed assets, ASC 842 leases, cost of revenue accruals/analysis, capitalized software development costs, and the monthly/quarterly flux analysis
- Analyze departmental costs for proper allocation between COR and non-COR departments and assess allocation assumptions on a periodic basis
- Ensure compliance with accounting policies, procedures and SOX controls through detailed review of journal entries, account reconciliations, key controls and flux analysis
- Assist SEC Reporting team with 10Q footnotes and MD&A analysis
- Assess potential business changes for impact and compliance objectives for SOX related to your areas of responsibility, as well as updating documentation including process flowcharts, risk and control matrix and evaluation controls as new systems are developed and/or processes changes
- Play a key role in our quarterly and annual review and audit process, including managing key deliverables to internal and external auditors
- Deliver timely and accurate management reporting
- Work cross functionally with other Fastly teams to ensure timely and accurate reporting
- Drive process and efficiency improvements to month end close process and other accounting processes
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor's degree in accounting
- 10+ years of progressive accounting experience, including experience in management leadership role at a publicly traded company
- Extensive knowledge of U.S. GAAP
- Audit experience and CPA a plus
- Big 4 experience a plus
- Ability to think strategically, build cross-functional relationships, and take initiative to drive results
- Experience with NetSuite, Blackline, Coupa and G-Suite a plus
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Passionate about improvement and receptive to feedback
In accordance with applicable law, Fastly’s minimum base pay for this role if hired in Colorado is $131,000 per year. Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Fastly's equity plan. Final offer amount will be at the company’s sole discretion and determined by multiple factors, including years and depth of experience and expertise, location and other business considerations. Note that this role is available to candidates outside of Colorado and different minimum compensation may apply.
Fastly is proud to deliver a strong total rewards program to our employees. This role is eligible to participate in the following benefits:
- Health benefits (medical, dental, and vision)
- Medical: Cigna or Kaiser available
- Retirement benefits and employer match
- Life Insurance (Basic and Voluntary Life)
- Short & Long Term Disability with a buy-up LTD option
- Voluntary Accident & Critical Illness benefits
- Flex Spending Accounts & Mass Transit benefits
- Open Vacation Policy
- Sick Time
- Generous leave benefits (medical, maternity, paternity, and personal)
- Paid wellness days
- Employee Assistance Program
- Learning & reimbursement program stipend
- Mobile and internet allowance
- Wellness stipend
- Pet insurance
Fastly reserves the right to amend or modify for any reasons in accordance with applicable law.
We have a huge impact. Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Not only do our customers have a tremendous user base, but we also support a growing number of open source projects and initiatives. Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their heart with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
We love distributed teams. Fastly’s home-base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices and employees sprinkled around the globe. In fact, 50% of our employees work outside of SF! An international remote culture is in our DNA.
We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, and we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits like up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave, options for free medical/dental/vision plans, and an open vacation program that enables our folks to take the time they need to recharge (some benefits may vary by location).
We value diversity. Growing and maintaining our inclusive and diverse team matters to us. We are committed to being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work and have the ability to be successful -- every day.
We are passionate. Fastly is chock full of passionate people and we’re not ‘one size fits all’. Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans and animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, and more. We love employees for who they are and what they are passionate about.
We’re always looking for humble, sharp, and creative folks to join the Fastly team. If you think you might be a fit, please apply!
Fastly is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity and to providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
Employment decisions at Fastly are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Fastly encourages applicants from all backgrounds.
*Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Fastly. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.