Senior GL Accountant at Okta (Remote)
We are in search of a top tier Senior Accountant who is highly motivated to learn and grow within a fast-paced organization. This role will be responsible for supporting the month-end close process, SOX compliance control execution and quarterly / annual audit process, as well as identifying and driving project-based work to provide process efficiencies for the general ledger team. The ideal candidate is a detail-oriented, communicative, self-motivated team player with a solid working knowledge of GAAP, SEC regulations, and internal controls. Additionally, this individual thrives on process improvement and enjoys working in a challenging, collaborative environment to support our continued growth and success. This role will be reporting to the GL Accounting Manager.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform various GL month-end close activities, including preparation and review of journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations such as Prepaids, Fixed Assets, T&E Expenses, Debt, Allocations and various department Expense Accruals
- Prepare the global consolidation process and reporting, including intercompany transactions, cost plus, elimination, foreign exchange transactions and analysis in accordance with ASC 830
- Prepare Balance Sheet and P&L fluctuation analyses and investigate any variances
- Assist in preparing internal and external financial reporting schedules
- Proactively evaluate accounting processes and systems, along with identifying and implementing process improvement opportunities
- Maintain and enhance the internal controls over accounting processes and systems
- Assist in implementing new accounting policies and procedures
- Provide a high level of customer service with finance and non-finance business partners by providing financial insights and relevant reporting
- Support the quarterly reviews and annual audit requests and inquiries from our external auditors
- Ad hoc accounting projects and requests, as needed
Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree, emphasis in Accounting
- Minimum of 4+ years of combined public accounting (ex. Big 4) and private industry at a publicly traded company
- CPA or CPA equivalent a plus
- Solid working knowledge and application of US GAAP, SEC regulations, and SOX/internal controls
- Strong problem solving, analytical, and organization skills
- Ability to execute, follow-up, and ensure attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and communication (both verbal and written) skills
- A team player, adept at building relationships across the organization
- Ability to adhere to deadlines in a fast-paced environment, without sacrificing accuracy
- Experience with Enterprise ERP systems (i.e. NetSuite, Oracle, SAP) and P2P Software
- Proficient with Google Workspace (Gmail, Sheets, Docs) and Microsoft tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
((Colorado only*) Minimum salary of $90,000/year + bonus + equity + benefits *Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20))
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.