We are Mythical Games. A Venture-backed next-generation game technology company at the intersection of video games and economics led by industry veterans. Our goal is to lead the industry with the launch of exceptional video game experiences that leverage distributed ledger technology while also providing a platform of robust tools that will allow any other game developers to do the same.
Mythical’s Finance team seeks a senior analyst of accounting to help build the accounting team and financial reporting infrastructure vital for the continued growth of the business. Mythical’s Finance team ensures that the company succeeds in a competitive global market by working cross-functionally to keep the business running efficiently. Some of the responsibilities of this role will be routine and well-defined, while many others will be ad hoc and on the fly. As such, the successful candidate will have the ability to effectively multi-task, and problem-solve with minimal oversight. We are looking for individuals that work hard and constantly strive for greatness
- Responsible for month-end close processes for various accounts, including but not limited to Revenue, FX gains and loss, Stock-Based Compensation, Fixed Assets, Equity, Accruals, Amortization, Prepaids, and Taxes (Sales and Corporate Income Tax)
- Prepare account reconciliations and supporting schedules for journal entries to ensure month-end deadlines are met
- Process accounts payable by issuing PO’s, validating vendors, coding invoices, and ensuring timely payments with proper approvals
- Manage accounts receivable, including collections, credit checks, aging, bad debt, and ensure compliance with agreements
- Prepare monthly and quarterly variance analyses for balance sheet and income statement accounts
- Communicate the accounting implications of transactions to internal stakeholders at all levels
- Maintain technical accounting documentation for compliance with GAAP
- Support continual improvement on the contract review processes and implementation of SOX controls
- Ad hoc finance projects, quantitative analyses, including external audit requests, expense reporting, review of merchant contracts and tax matters
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- Qualified candidates will have 3-5 years of work experience, a combination of public and private accounting experience a plus
- CPA candidate preferred
- Strong technical knowledge of US GAAP and specifically of ASC 606
- Strong analytical skills and detail-oriented, including proven ability to independently analyze transactions and contracts and document the related accounting analysis under US GAAP
- Knowledge and experience with revenue, FX, accounts payable, accruals, amortization, and prepaid
- Highly motivated, self-starter with experience in a fast-paced environment, able to thrive under pressure, and execute to tight deadlines
- Efficiency in problem-solving, completing reconciliations and responding to internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong proficiency with MS Excel and NetSuite a plus
- Ability to build effective partnerships with internal customers and work as part of a team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including ability to understand and articulate multiple points of view
- Highly adaptable and able to work in a fast-paced environment
Our team values diversity and believe that it strengthens our games, products, and communities. We strongly encourage POC, folks with disabilities, those belonging to the LGBTQIA+ communities, and folks across all gender identities to apply.
We offer our team benefits such as (but not limited to) high-quality Vision, Dental, and Health Care, generous Parental Leave, and Unlimited PTO to ensure that they actually take time off without the stress of needing to accrue time.
If you need assistance around accommodations due to a disability, please reach out to [email protected] We’ll be with you as soon as possible; our goal is to ensure an accessible and equitable interview process for everyone.