Senior Accountant, Compensation (Remote) at Socure
Founded in 2012, Socure is the leader in digital identity verification technology for Day Zero and beyond. Our predictive analytics platform applies artificial intelligence and machine learning techniques, with trusted online/offline data intelligence from email, phone, address, IP, device, velocity, and the broader internet, to verify identities in real-time. We have more than 400 customers across the financial services, gaming, telecom, and ecommerce industries, including three of the top five banks, seven top 10 issuers, three top MSBs, multiple tier-one payroll providers, the top credit bureau, and over 75 of the largest and most successful fintechs such as Varo Money, Public, Chime, and Stash. We are funded by some of the world's best investors and entrepreneurs including Accel, Scale Venture Partners, Commerce Ventures, Work-Bench, Sorenson, Citi Ventures, Wells Fargo Strategic Capital, Synchrony, MVB Bank, Santander InnoVentures, and Two Sigma Ventures.
Our trophy case includes numerous industry awards and accolades, including being named one of Forbes America’s Best Startup Employers 2021 as well as the Best New Technology Introduced over the Last 12 months – Data and Data Services at the 2020 American Financial Technology Awards (AFTAs), being ranked #70 on Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™, getting listed as a Gartner Cool Vendor, and winning Finovate’s Award for Best Use of AI/ML, to name a few!
The only way we can further our mission of becoming the single, trusted source of identity verification and eliminating identity fraud is by building the best team on the planet. This is where you come in!
What the Role Is:
The Compensation Senior Accountant, will be responsible for all related employee compensation, such as payroll, stock-based compensation, bonuses, commissions and T&E. You’ll serve as the primary point person to support our employee stakeholders and be the liaison with our 3rd party providers.What You'll Do:
- Work with the external PEO payroll provider to process semi-monthly payroll for all North American employees, approximately 500 and growing rapidly
- Receive and process payroll change information from the People and Experience team
- Audit information for completeness and take appropriate action where needed
- Reconcile payroll processing to payroll reports and produce payroll journal entries bi-weekly
- Maintain compliance with company policy, GAAP, internal controls, SOX and local legal requirements.
- Manage and enter employee's T&E and prepare them for reimbursements according to company policy
- Review and monitor employees’ T&E expenses, generate T&E reports for review and upload necessary information to assist with monthly financial close.
- Perform reconciliations of information per the equity administration portal, general ledger, stock transfer agent and bank accounts.
- Assist in preparation of quarterly share-based compensation calculations and maintaining stock option program
- Assist with Ad hoc payroll accounting projects.
- Assist the Controller and team with month end close processes within a short time frame monthly
- 5+ Years of relevant accounting experience
- BA/BS in Accounting/Finance
- Prior experience with a cloud-based ERP preferable (NetSuite)
- Prior experience with a cloud-based equity platform preferable (Carta)
- Prior experience with a cloud-based T&E platform preferable (Expensify and COMPT)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written
- Experience in a fast growth, SaaS-based technology company a plus
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive base salary
- Equity - every employee is a stakeholder in our upside
- Medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and their dependents
- Parental leave and fertility support
- Flexible PTO
- 401K with company match
- Stipend to supply your home office
- Annual professional development stipend
A Message on COVID-19:
Socure's number one priority is to safeguard the health and well-being of our team members, our families and our communities. During this unprecedented time, we are closely monitoring COVID-19 developments and updating our response plan quarterly. We are regularly soliciting feedback from our employees to help inform our return-to-office strategy. For our team members who loved going into the office, we are looking forward to meeting once again! But until then, we are striving to ensure that Socureans have the resources and support they need to excel from home. This includes a work-from-home stipend so you can build your home office and fun, virtual events so you can continue to feel connected to your coworkers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity of all kinds at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.