Revenue Accounting Manager at Blockchain.com (Remote)
Blockchain is the world's leading software platform for digital assets. Offering the largest production blockchain platform in the world, we share the passion to code, create, and ultimately build an open, accessible and fair financial future, one piece of software at a time.
We are growing the Accounting division of our Finance team, and are looking for a proactive and detailed Revenue Accounting Manager. This person will work closely with our Revenue Controller and team leaders, and will be collaborating with the Accounting team on tasks like monthly closing, billings, payables, account analysis and general accounting support. This role will be a jack of all trades and the person must be willing to flex their role to get the job done and deliver across all areas of finance.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Taking full ownership of all things revenue including order to cash processes and revenue recognition
- Provide contract and billing support to business partners and customers in a global environment
- Work closely with all relevant teams outside of finance to enforce contracting policies and ensure proper review of contracts under negotiation
- Review customer contracts and ensure proper completion of deal review documentation, identifying and documenting issues and the financial impact in compliance with ASC 606
- Maintain and administer integrations between various platforms
- Liaise with auditors on revenue recognition and related matters as part of annual audit
- Responsible for month-end close activities including reconciliation of receivable accounts, revenue recognition in accordance with ASC 606 and deferral /recognition of cost of revenue under ASC 340
- Development of monthly reporting revenue package to be provided timely to leadership
- Provide forecasts of collections, revenue recognition, and cost of revenue recognition
- Constant evaluation of current revenue processes to identify areas for improvement and efficiencies
- Reconcile bank, cryptocurrencies wallets and credit card accounts
- Support deliverables required for internal leadership
- Maintain financial reporting calendar to inform parties of necessary reporting deadlines
- Support management in completing special projects as assigned and be a financial reporting resource for ad-hoc questions and initiatives
- Recommend and assist in the implementation of process improvements as appropriate, to simplify, standardize and streamline processes, including the documentation of the standard operating procedures
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- The foremost quality for this position or any position at Blockchain.com is integrity.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting required.
- CPA or similar designation preferred, but not required
- 7+ years of experience in a combination of industry and public accounting experience with at least 4 years in a specialized revenue position
- CPA with Audit experience in the FinTech industry preferred
- Software revenue recognition experience is preferred
- Working knowledge of ASC 606 and ASC 340 or desire to learn
- Organized and have proven ability in designing and implementing effective revenue operation controls and processes
- Strong project management skills and ability to drive completion of complex projects, with effective communications across departments
- Ability to rapidly respond to changing priorities and accommodate short notice for deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to work as a team to identify process improvements.
- Capacity to meet deadlines while maintaining quality standards and effective time management
- Adapt to a fast-paced continuous learning environment and show a willingness to take on additional responsibility where required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organization, project management and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously, coordinate the efforts of others and work well with people at a wide range of levels
COMPENSATION & PERKS:
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
- Apple equipment.
- Full-time salary based on experience and meaningful equity in an industry-leading company
- US Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Flexible Spending Account, Commuter, Life, Short Term & Long Term Disability.