Payroll Manager at Balsam Brands (Boise, ID)
As Payroll Manager, you will work with the CPO and CFO in the creation, implementation, and successful management of Balsam Brands compensation and payroll platforms. You will supervise one payroll team member, serve as the key liaison with Human Resources as well as third party Payroll provider.
Our ideal candidate is someone who pays attention to the details, is diligent in reconciling payroll, tax, and benefit data, and maintains a balance between “being in the weeds” and “working at 30,000 feet.” S/he manages competing priorities with a positive attitude, thrives in a deadline-driven environment, and is both a creative leader and makes things happen in the trenches!
This position reports to the Senior Accounting Manager. This is a full-time position located in Boise, ID. We have a hybrid work setup, which will include a blend of days working in-office and remote once we can all safely return.
What you’ll do:
- Process semi-monthly payroll for multiple entities; multistate payroll for exempt and non-exempt employees.
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of payroll updates including new hires, terminations, change of assignments, leave of absence, status changes, and changes to pay rates.
- Maintain and update payroll information (includes accurate and timely data entry into payroll system).
- Generate and audit payroll reports (deductions, PTO accruals, LOA payments, etc).
- Audit/prepare benefit payments and reconcile the discrepancies.
- Audit/prepare payroll journal entry upload to accounting system and prepare monthly reconciliation.
- Enforce federal, state, and local labor compliance by continually studying existing and new legislation.
- Respond to payroll and tax notices from federal, state, and local agencies.
- Assist with financial audit, 401(k) audit, and workers comp audit.
- Supervise employee and play a key role in their personal and professional development.
- Promptly answer payroll inquiries from employees (resolve payroll discrepancies quickly).
- Supervise the maintenance of employee personnel files.
- Work with benefits team to ensure that the payroll system accurately reflect Team member Benefits.
- Perform ad-hoc analysis and projects as requested.
- Comprehensive knowledge of I-9 processes, rules, and regulations.
- Identify and recommend updates to payroll processing software, systems, and procedures.
What you bring to the table:
- 6+ years of experience in processing and reconciling payroll.
- CPP Certification preferred.
- Associates Degree+ in Finance, Accounting, Business, or related field.
- Proven ability to utilize payroll cloud applications such as ADP.
- Proven ability to design, implement, and continuously optimize payroll processes, as well as internal controls, aimed at balancing operational risk, quality, and increased efficiencies.
- Proven strength with understanding and accurately interpreting payroll and global tax regulations.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail and accuracy.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated strength with analytical and problem-solving skills, including advanced ability to analyze and present data.
Notes: This is a full-time, permanent position with benefits. Please submit a cover letter and resume. Please include in your cover letter a dish that you would like to bring to one of our potlucks.
About Us: Balsam Brands is a multi-brand eCommerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. We strive for excellence in everything we do and present a unique opportunity to those who are seeking to have a meaningful impact in a fast-paced, high-energy environment. We love to reimagine eCommerce and retail in ways that thrill our customers, and to leave a lasting impact on the world around us. We have fast-growing teams in the Bay Area, Boise, Manila, and Dublin.
The company's outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
- Balsam Brands in Forbes: https://bit.ly/balsambrandsforbes
- Balsam Brands on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/balsam-brands/
At Balsam Brands, we strive to offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. For permanent, full-time team members, this includes:
- Competitive compensation, including a cash-based incentive plan
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage, with 100% of insurance costs covered for team members, and 85% covered for dependents
- Medical, transit, dependent care FSA
- Company-paid life and AD&D insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- 401(k) with dollar-for-dollar company match up to $4,000
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and other mental health and wellness perks
- Paid holidays, annual shutdown week, PTO, and volunteer time-off (VTO) packages
- Annual continuous learning benefit up to $1,000 per person, per fiscal year
- Valuable extras: identity theft protection, subsidized parking, subsidized gym membership
At Balsam Brands, we are dedicated to diversity in our dynamic and growing workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, citizenship, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.