Manager, Financial Reporting at LendingTree (Charlotte, NC)
This position will be responsible for the Company’s SEC reporting and stock-based compensation plan administration, including the following:
- Prepare and review quarterly/annual GAAP financial statements for distribution to internal and external stakeholders, including management of the SEC reporting process (10-Q, 10-K, 8-K).
- Ensure the Company’s accounting and reporting is prepared in accordance with US GAAP, as well as Corporate policies.
- Prepare monthly financial statements, including statement of cash flow.
- Maintain supporting documentation for all SEC filings, prepare footnote disclosures ensuring disclosure requirements are complete.
- Research, analyze and document technical accounting issues.
- Ensure appropriate implementation of new accounting pronouncements.
- Provide direction, supervision, and coaching to a team of accounting professionals.
- Work with external auditors.
Stock Based Compensation Plan Administration and Reporting:
- Fully responsible for the administration and reporting for the company’s stock-based compensation plan, including record keeping for grants, option exercises and release of awards; coordination with the third-party administrator, HR and payroll.
- Primary contact for participant inquiries.
- Develop internal equity plan communication materials and address employee questions with regards to equity awards and other compensation programs.
- Work closely with Legal to ensure timely and accurate filing of SEC Forms 3, 4, and 5, the annual proxy statement and other ad hoc reporting, legal filings, and disclosure requirements.
- Work within the company’s Insider Trading Policy and support administration of 10b5-1 plans.
- Review journal entries and monthly account reconciliations.
- Own the month-end close and daily accounting work for complex accounts, including equity compensation, incentive compensation, debt, payroll, equity, weighted average shares and other tasks as assigned.
- Develop, document, and ensure proper financial processes and proper internal controls.
- Design and implement accounting processes that support organization initiatives, including a zero-day close, and establish back-end accounting and controls for new services or products.
- Responsible for other accounting duties that may be a good fit based on your past experiences.
Education / Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 5-7 yrs minimum experience with SEC reporting and stock-based compensation plan reporting and administration
- Preferably 2 or more years’ experience with large Public Accounting Firm
- Preferably 3 or more years’ experience in general accounting in a public company
- Active CPA license
- In-depth knowledge of stock-based compensation including strong understanding of rules and regulations relating to equity compensation
- Broad accounting expertise that can be used to assist your team with Employee Compensation, Reporting, Reconciliations, Audit preparations, etc.
- Ability to operate and thrive in fast-paced, high-growth company
- Proficiency in Excel, Word and Outlook
- with XBRL, Workday Financials, Alteryx and E*Trade stock administration system (Equity Edge) is preferred
- Demonstrates ethical and moral behavior, unquestionable integrity and character
- Excellent work ethic
- Able to obtain, analyze and evaluate data
- Able to prioritize and meet due dates (formal and self-imposed) with minimal supervision
- Self-reliant and has initiative to carry out assigned tasks or improve processes
- Good analytical and decision-making skills for problem identification and solution recommendation
- Good planning and organizing skills
- Must be able to successfully manage multiple projects concurrently
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Must be able to work well with others, at all levels, and achieve results
- Self-motivated, goal oriented, committed, dependable and loyal
- Strict attention to detail
LendingTree is the nation’s largest online lending marketplace. That means we connect customers with multiple lenders so they find the best deals on loans, credit cards, savings accounts and insurance. Our goal is to help people save money, and we believe the best way to do that is by giving them a way to shop for loans and compare lenders so they make their best financial choices.
Our CEO Doug Lebda founded the company in 1996 after a frustrating house-hunting experience. In those days, we mostly helped people find good mortgage deals. Now, we help consumers find their best in personal loans, auto loans, business loans, student loans, credit cards, savings accounts, home equity loans and more.
What else you should know:
- We’re a publicly-traded company (TREE).
- We’ve welcomed several other companies into the LendingTree family to augment our efforts at helping borrowers make their most sensible financial choices.
- We’ve built the LendingTree app and LendingTree dashboard to give consumers tools to manage and monitor their financial health.
We’re a fast-paced company with an entrepreneurial bend. We work hard and test our products often. We’re collaborative, ambitious, candid and high-energy. Our teammates are some of the brightest, most talented people you’ll ever work with. We care more about your smarts than we do about the kinds of clothes you wear (but please, do wear clothes to work!), and we’re pretty good about rewarding innovation, creativity and the knack for just getting stuff done (we even have an award for employees called the GSD, “Get Stuff Done”).
Come work with us!
LendingTree is the kind of company that not only promotes diversity and inclusion; we thrive because of these values. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion (or creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or military status.