Manager, Financial Intelligence at Brightspeed (Charlotte, NC)
At Brightspeed, we are reimagining how people live, work, play and connect by providing fast, reliable internet connections and an awesome customer experience in twenty states throughout the Midwest and South.
Backed by funds managed by Apollo Global Management, our vision is to accelerate the upgrade of copper to fiber optic technologies, bringing faster and more reliable internet service to many rural markets traditionally underserved by broadband providers, while delivering best-in-class customer experience.
Be a part of the team that will make this vision a reality….designing and building a world class fiber network and creating a customer experience second to none.
Check us out on the web!Job Description
We are currently looking for a Manager, Financial Intelligence to join our growing Finance team! In this role, you will report directly to the Director, Financial Systems. As Manager, Financial Intelligence, you will support the Director, Financial Systems in the development, implementation, and administration of the organization's financial intelligence warehouse. You will research requirements and liaise across the company to ensure that systems are modified to meet the most recent record-keeping and reporting standards, as well as the needs of key business leadership and finance colleagues. You will manage Financial Systems Analysts and train departmental staff as needed. Come help us build the best and fastest fiber-optic network in America!
As Manager, Financial Intelligence, your duties will include:
- Hands on experience as a Data Architect with strong data analytical skills with CRM, Billing systems & Usage data, able to tie-up Revenue with Usage metrics
- Experience building and maintaining highly scalable and secured solutions, data integration (ETL), data modeling, and data warehousing
- Own and build end to end Looker dashboards
- Being hands on with Looker: has experience building Looker/Looker ML as well as able to coordinate Looker patches with our AWS admin, data integrity/readiness in Looker, creating/granting user access & privileges, troubleshooting issues
- Hands-on with complex SQL
- Understanding user issues and requirements for reporting
- Ability to Maintain (and expand upon) our KPI logic (Annual Revenue calculation, Customer Retention, Customer Count, etc.) - this would involve maintaining the revenue tables and able to make updates to how we would want to calculate retention in different scenarios, running & sharing predictive-at risk reports with stakeholders, maintaining customer health score, maintaining Customer 360 and other dashboards
- Manage scope, resources, schedule, and expectations
- Communicate/report frequently to stakeholders and team members
- Manage project risks and develop contingency and/or mitigation plans Facilitate issue resolution and escalate issues that cannot be resolved in the team
- Ensure continued alignment of program scope, status, risks, and dependencies through effective communication across the organization and at all levels
- Work closely with Technical and Business teams to identify and evaluate solutions to ensure the quality and timeliness of product deliverables
- Performs all other duties as assigned
WHAT IT TAKES TO CATCH OUR EYE:
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics are related field
- 5+ years of experience in Data Architect and Data Analysis
- Experience working with AWS, Redshift, Spectrum, Athena, Salesforce, NetSuite, Spark, API, SQL Server, JSON files
- Experience working with Data visualization tools (Looker is a plus)
- Has experience dealing with stakeholders, understanding process mapping
- Experience with the principles of full life cycle systems design, development, and deployment
- Attention to detail and excellent analytical capabilities to break down complex ideas into simple & manageable segments, troubleshoot data issues, and see issues to resolution
BONUS POINTS FOR:
- Experience with systems design and development from business requirements analysis through day-to-day management
- Experience with advanced analytical and/or statistical modeling
WHY JOIN US?
We aspire to contemporary ways of working.
We are committed to being a leader in defining a new way to work because we recognize the changing mindset of today's workforce. We meet you where you are...wherever you are, by providing sensible remote and hybrid work arrangements. Why? Because our purpose is to reimagine how people work, learn, play and connect!
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits.
Our benefits and paid time off programs reflect our underlying belief in promoting overall wellness through physical, emotional and financial health. We are committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are at the center of our grounding belief in Being Real.
When we bring our authentic selves to work, everyone is better as a result. A diverse team helps us be fierce advocates for more accessible, inclusive and high-quality internet, because we believe doing so promotes equity in the communities we serve.
Brightspeed is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please be advised that Brightspeed (Connect Holding LLC) requires its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to the Company’s legal obligations including potentially accommodating an employee’s sincerely held religious beliefs or medical condition.