Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Accounting
Travel Percentage :
We are FIS. Our technology powers the world's economy and our teams bring innovation to life. We champion diversity to deliver the best products and solutions for our colleagues, clients, and communities. If you're ready to start learning, growing, and making an impact with a career in fintech, we'd like to know: Are you FIS?
About the Team
The Fund Administration team is a growing, fast-paced business unit responsible for maintaining direct client relationships, as well as the day-to-day accounting and administration of closed-end funds managed by clients.
What You Will Be Doing
- Prepare period-end financial packages including investor statements for private equity funds
- Prepare period-end financial statements and all associated disclosures under GAAP and IFRS
- Manage overall client relationships interacting with client's C-level executives and financial controllers
- Serve as key point of contact for clients, auditors and other third parties for a defined portfolio of funds, ensuring client satisfaction and resolving any issues raised by client staff
- Provide subject matter expertise on closed-end fund accounting and financial reporting for platform enhancements and technology development
- Assist with client on-boarding, which includes the loading of client tax lots, cash balance, and trial balance onto the accounting platform
- Process capital commitments, calls, and distributions
- Coordinate the preparation and distribution of investor capital statements
What You Bring
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related field or equivalent combination of education, training, and work experience
- Typically, at least 5 years of fund accounting experience with financial statement preparation and private equity accounting, plus 1 year of leadership experience in managing others
- Strong knowledge of investment company accounting, partnership accounting, and investor capital allocations process
- Strong financial reporting skills, including consolidation accounting
- Advanced Excel skills
- Technical investment accounting knowledge
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with experience interfacing with clients
Added Bonus If You Have
- Working knowledge of accounting systems (Geneva, VPM) and allocations (Investran)
- Master's degree in finance or CPA
- Previous experience with private equity accounting principles, including knowledge of investor accounting and waterfall structures
What We Offer You
A career at FIS is more than just a job. It's the change to shape the future of fintech. At FIS, we offer you:
- A voice in the future of fintech
- Always-on learning and development
- Collaborative work environment
- Opportunities to give back
- Competitive salary and benefits
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice .
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.