Financial Industry Communications at Plaid (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:08 p.m. (CST) on Tuesday, June 28, 2022
At Plaid, our mission is to unlock financial freedom for everyone. There has never been a better time than now to start building the future of fintech with us. Plaid powers the tools millions of people rely on to live a healthier financial life. We work with thousands of companies like Venmo and SoFi, several of the Fortune 500, and many of the largest banks to make it easy for people to connect their financial accounts to the apps and services they want to use. Plaid’s network covers 11,000 financial institutions across the US, Canada, UK and Europe. Founded in 2013, the company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Salt Lake City, Washington D.C., London and Amsterdam. #LI-Remote
The Communications team at Plaid is looking for a hands-on mid-level public relations professional to support our financial industry communications initiatives. This is a key role that will shape the messaging and narratives to grow awareness of and strengthen Plaid’s reputation as a partner to all participants in the financial system.
This position requires a strategic, integrated approach to planning and executing communications with strong impact. You will help architect and influence the company’s public presence that involves industry events, partnership activities, thought leadership, and news stories. You excel at driving programs with cross-functional teams and demonstrate a high aptitude for building consensus and quickly advancing initiatives.
You should be passionate about the ability for technology to build a more equitable financial system, and the potential for Plaid to partner with financial institutions and fintechs to help drive the next phase of digital financial services globally. This person reports directly to our Financial Industry Communications Lead.
What excites you...
- Digital finance and the potential to create a more open, accessible and equitable financial system
- Excellent writing and storytelling
- Understanding the complexities and opportunities of how Plaid partners with the entire digital financial ecosystem, including financial institutions, fintechs, and neobanks, to benefit all consumers
- Driving priorities to communicate the role and impact we play in within the financial industry in helping create a fairer financial system
- Proactively planning and executing narratives that promote key themes around financial access and inclusion, open finance, consumer data rights, and privacy and security
- Building trusted relationships with colleagues, partners and other stakeholders
- Collaborating with team members across the company for maximum impact
- Successfully preparing leaders for external communications engagements
- Working in a fast-paced environment that values self-starters, solid judgment and fast decision-making
What excites us...
- 8-10+ years experience in communications; financial industry or fintech communications experience desired
- Stellar written and verbal communication skills and a solid track record in integrated communications
- Proven skill in crafting messages to reach, speak to, and influence various audiences
- Ability to deftly manage multiple communications priorities and initiatives at once
- Go-to proactive, strategic thought partner who can work across teams to achieve high impact
- Strong sense of accountability, diligence, and creative problem solving
- Collaborative mindset with a reputation for building relationships based on trust and expertise
- A passion for being a part of a high-performing team with a strong bias for action
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected]
More Information on Plaid
Plaid operates in the Fintech industry. The company is located in San Francisco, CA. Plaid was founded in 2013. It has 1012 total employees. To see all 107 open jobs at Plaid, click here.
Read Full Job Description