Finance Senior Manager, Top Line at Atlassian
Do you love defining and interpreting business metrics? Do you want to develop and analyze performance and support decisions that drive investments, growth and profitability? Are you looking to make a big impact, partner with world-class talent and take your career to the next level? If so, our Financial Planning & Analysis team encourages you to join us on this exciting journey.
The Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) Top-Line team empowers leaders at Atlassian by facilitating business planning, providing insight into business performance, and supporting strategic decision-making.
In this role, you will report to the Head of Revenue - Finance and will be responsible for driving the Top-Line team's corporate reporting, financial analysis, and strategic projects. You and your team will play a key role in providing insight into Atlassian's financial performance, helping guide the future of the company. You will be a key partner to our pricing and long term strategy teams, providing insights and analysis to drive future initiatives. You will also be responsible for project managing our quarterly reforecasting process.
This is a highly visible role in the organization with close partnership with senior business leaders across the company. The job is ideally suited to those who are passionate about developing an intimate understanding of our business, have a strong financial and analytical background, and are keen to drive growth and operational improvements as a strategic finance partner.
In this role, you'll get to:
- Play a key role in providing business performance insights to our executive team
- Drive future investments and strategic decisions by building detailed financial models
- Work closely with the broader finance team including FP&A, SBO, accounting, pricing and analytics
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 7+ years of experience in financial planning and analysis in tech, consulting or investment banking
- Solid experience with planning and budgeting processes, bookings/revenue forecasting, interpreting and reporting business performance results
- Strong financial modeling skills in Excel and a deep understanding of business metrics
- Ability to draw upon insights and tell a compelling story using data to help influence key decisions
- A curiosity to learn and take initiative to solve problems independently
- Strong critical thinking, organizational, interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills
- Experience working in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment
It's great, but not required if you have:
- Exposure to working with planning tools (e.g., Anaplan) and finance systems (e.g., Netsuite)
- SQL skills and understanding of database / data warehousing concepts
- Knowledge of BI tools and technologies (e.g. Tableau)
- Experience on forecasting / planning of enterprise business or field sales
- Technology or Software / SaaS industry experience
- Hold a degree in Economics, Mathematics, or Finance
More about our team
Atlassian has a business model, with a focus on growth and profitability, that is rare among its growth technology peers. We also have an analytics DNA that runs deep through the company's core. FP&A is a highly visible team in the organization at the intersection of both these focus areas. The FP&A team is a hardworking and collaborative team with an unusual mix of technology industry, consulting and financial services background. Our responsibilities include facilitating planning, providing insight into business performance, supporting strategic decision-making and helping predict the future of the business. We encourage decision-making at every level and highly value an open-minded approach and organizational transparency. We work closely with business leaders across all areas of the business to support the Company's continued growth. You'll join an extraordinary team that is passionate about Atlassian, its products, and its customers.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.