Director of Internal Audit at FIGS
FIGS is looking for a Director of Internal Audit. The position will report to the CFO with a dotted line to FIGS’ Audit Committee. This position will be instrumental in developing the company’s Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance program. This position will also help develop longer term strategies for FIGS’ internal audit structure, including expansion of the enterprise risk management (ERM) function, establishing a formal risk-based operational audit methodology, and supporting multiple regulatory compliance requirements. You will work with all levels of the organization, including members of the Audit Committee. Additionally, you will manage Internal Audit's external partners (external auditors, outsourcing partners, control owners) who support the company with SOX program.
- Support the development of the audit strategy and implementation of internal audit processes and process improvements to include frameworks, methodologies, work products and quality assurance mechanisms for the team.
- Participate in the execution of the enterprise risk assessments and development of the Internal Audit plan that is responsive to the financial, compliance and operational risks of the company.
- Drive and coordinate team efforts to execute the Internal Audit and SOX project plan.
- Oversee an efficient and effective SOX 404 Compliance program, including planning, coordinating, testing, reporting, remediation, and driving project alignment within the team and key stakeholders (including IT owners, Business Process owners and the external auditors.
- Liaises with external auditors to plan and implement a comprehensive audit of the Company’s interim, year-end and Sarbanes-Oxley assessments.
- Lead risk-based financial, compliance, operational and IT systems audits, with a goal of maximizing company performance and control, and minimizing risk.
- Incorporate leading practices related to risk assessment, audit process development, utilization of automated audit tools, and data analytics.
- Build, develop, and maintain strong and proactive business and operational relationships with business and technology partners across the organization that mitigate risk and drive efficiency.
- Manage and coach internal and third-party resources to ensure cohesive and collaborative execution.
- Present findings and recommendations to executive management to enable them to be knowledgeable about the state of the organization’s system of internal control and risk management processes.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree required in Accounting.
- Active Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and/or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or other relevant certification preferred.
- 6 to 8 years of relevant work experience in Big 4 Public Accounting and/or Internal Audit experience with a public company.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of US GAAP, COSO framework, Sarbanes-Oxley, and leading business practices.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, including listening, verbal, written, and presentation, with the ability to communicate effectively within various levels of the company and senior level management.
- Exhibit strong project management and organization skills, including the ability to multi-task and prioritize various workstreams simultaneously, including the ability to manage differing perspectives and influence positive outcomes.
- Demonstrated risk assessment and management skills.
- Experience in a high growth, technology focused environment is strongly preferred.
- Direct experience leading audits of complex SOX 404 programs, including financial controls, entity level controls and IT general controls.
- Experience in implementing and executing on a Year-1 SOX compliance program is strongly preferred.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office applications, audit workpaper tools (e.g., Audit Board) and data analytics software.
A little bit about us…
The medical apparel industry is antiquated, highly fragmented and, until FIGS, was driven solely by low-cost providers offering a limited selection of poor quality products sold through third party distributors. FIGS is revolutionizing the medical apparel industry by creating the highest quality medical apparel in the world and by selling directly to medical professionals through our branded ecommerce site.
FIGS’ foundation is built on product quality, and we have a relentless focus on three key areas: fabric, fit and function. We developed our proprietary, performance-oriented fabric technology to meet the demands of the medical profession. FIGS’ Technical Collection fabric is wrinkle resistant, moisture-wicking, lightweight, breathable and offers four-way stretch. Our designs are tailored, sophisticated and innovative, incorporating features such as yoga waistbands, smart storage (pockets, zippers, hidden pockets) and inspirational sayings inside each garment that appeal to modern healthcare professionals.
By offering a branded and customer-centric online shopping experience, we are changing how medical professionals buy their workwear. Through our website, social media, and participation in medical conferences and events, we have built a strong following within the medical community and a meaningful connection with our customers, which allows us to understand their needs and to ensure that FIGS is continuously improving and innovating.
FIGS’ Threads for Threads initiative is central to our mission. FIGS has donated hundreds of thousands of scrubs to healthcare providers in need around the world.