Director of Finance at Covera Health (New York City, NY)
About the company
At Covera, we're committed to ensuring high-quality healthcare is more than just a promise. That's why we're leading the way in the emerging science of quality, and connecting providers and payers in their shared quest to improve patient outcomes and care quality. By tackling this challenge, we have the ability to impact millions of lives by raising the standard of care nationwide.
Our initial focus is radiology, where an early and accurate diagnosis has a profound impact on the rest of a patient's care journey. Through our work, which uses clinically-validated science-based tools, we're helping doctors enhance their care, ensuring patients get the right diagnosis, and enabling the healthcare system to support quality improvement at scale.
Through our clinical intelligence platform, we have launched programs that help people access the most effective care and provide doctors with AI-powered quality insights and tools to enhance their care. Today, Covera is partnered with leading employers, payers and healthcare organizations across the US, including Walmart and Microsoft. And, with a pipeline representing over 25% of insured Americans, we are in the early stages of improving care quality for all patients across the globe.
In August 2021, we raised a $25M Series C financing round with Insight Partners, a leading global venture capital and private equity firm investing in high-growth companies driving transformative change in their industries.
About the Role
As the Director of Finance, you will be responsible for overseeing and managing a high growth health tech startup’s entire accounting and finance function. You will work both within the department and cross-functionally to ensure efficiency and scalability.
You will be expected to:
- Own and lead the company’s financial planning & analysis function, including building and maintaining the company’s overall budgeting and operating model
- Oversee the company’s monthly close and financial reporting process
- Supply financial and business/modeling support to the rest of the company, particularly as teams evaluate new initiatives, projects, hiring plans, and marginal profitability/cost analyses
- Establish financial KPIs and provide the company’s departmental leaders with accurate and timely financial reporting against relevant metrics
- Help guide and make decisions around unit economics, pricing, and critical contracts
- Oversee the company's accounting function, including revenue cycle management, payables, expenses, and taxes
- Develop and maintain key banking and investor relationships
- Oversee the company’s annual financial audit process
- Manage external accounting and tax firms
- 5+ years in progressive finance roles
- Background in corporate finance, venture-backed startups, private equity, or other finance-focused, high-growth, and entrepreneurial environments
- A strategic leader who is able to zoom out to 30,000 feet as well as be able to dive into the weeds
- Highly analytical and quantitative skill set with strong business acumen
- World-class attention to detail
- Mission-driven and self-motivated character, with the ability to take the initiative with little direction
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Sound judgment and good problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to instill discipline in the organization, and help advise the executive team
- Team-oriented by nature, with a collaborative, inclusive, and hands-on leadership style
- Experience at a healthcare and/or data analytics startup is a plus
- Investment banking and/or extensive financial modeling training is a plus
You will be a full-time employee with competitive salary, stock options, and great benefits. These benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance, HRA, 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, flexible paid time off, and--when we go back to the office--a comfortable office space filled with a variety of quality snacks and beverages. Most importantly, you’ll get to know each of us and we love to work together to find solutions. We are a talented, fun, focused, and unique team of people who are truly passionate about changing healthcare for the better! Even while remote, you'll experience the Covera culture as we offer a host of virtual experiences including a book club, fitness club, guest speakers, dynamic Slack channels, and more!