NOCD is the #1 telehealth provider for the treatment of obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD). OCD is one of the most severe, prevalent, and misunderstood mental health conditions. NOCD creates access to online therapy for people with OCD through our telehealth platform. In the NOCD app, members can quickly access and schedule live, face-to-face video therapy sessions with our national network of licensed therapists that specialize in Exposure and Response Prevention Therapy (ERP) - considered the "gold standard" in OCD treatment.
At NOCD, we help people reclaim their lives with clinically proven OCD treatment, by removing barriers to OCD care, and reducing the stigma associated with OCD. We’re changing the world and need other like-minded individuals to accelerate and expand our efforts.
About the Role
We are looking for a passionate, motivated, and mission-driven Director of Accounting to build and manage the accounting team at NOCD. You will work alongside our SVP of Finance and own the day-to-day accounting operations including monthly close, invoice reviews, budgeting, and internal reporting. This job will be both hands-on and strategic - you will build out the function, be proactive, and develop best practices for the company. You’ll work across all NOCD departments in developing budgets and reporting on progress. This is an extraordinary opportunity for people who thrive in fast-paced environments, are interested in improving processes and building a team, and want to join a growing tech organization with a strong mission.
What You’ll Do
- Lead the month-end close process to ensure an accurate and timely close
- Assist in creating financial reports for NOCD’s leadership team used in decision making
- Attract and retain top talent while building out NOCD’s accounting and finance team
- Support internal and external auditors by serving as the point of contact and managing the preparation and support of all audits
- Lead in developing company accounting policies and procedures specifically focusing on scalability.
- Evaluate internal controls to find deficiencies and create corrective plans.
- Participate in developing operating budgets and driving progress with key stakeholders
- Develop internal processes to improve the financial reporting process
- Manage accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Supervise reimbursement processes and policies
- Participate in finance projects on an ad hoc basis as required
Who You Are
- Minimum of 8 years of accounting experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business
- Public accounting experience preferred
- CPA preferred
- Working knowledge of GAAP accounting
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel and experience with Sage Intacct preferred
- Strong organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent people skills and able to work collaboratively
- Proactive problem solver
- Experiences with identifying challenges in an operational process and independently crafting and implementing solutions
What We Offer
- Casual and engaging startup environment with an outstanding mission-driven team atmosphere
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision coverage, 401(k), stock options
- Flexible PTO policy
- We provide 12 weeks of fully paid parental leave for the primary caregiver, and 6 weeks of fully paid leave for the secondary caregiver, for qualifying full-time employees
- Office overlooking Michigan Avenue, ability to work remotely
- Free drinks and snacks in the office
- Onsite fitness center, showers, and bike storage
NOCD is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. NOCD is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws. Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA); Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO); Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA).