3Cloud is a “born in the cloud” Gold-Certified Microsoft Azure technology consulting firm and Azure Expert Managed Services Provider that provides cloud strategy, design, implementation, acquisition, and ongoing managed services to its clients across various industries. To meet the needs of its clients, 3Cloud offers comprehensive services across Cloud Infrastructure, DevOps & Automation, Cloud Application Development and Data, Analytics and AI. Founded by former Microsoft technology leaders, 3Cloud uniquely offers: (1) highly experienced and proven cloud architects and technologists, (2) strong business strategy, financial acumen, and operational proficiency and (3) deep relationship and network into Microsoft engineering and field leadership. 3Cloud is headquartered in Chicago, Illinois while supporting its clients throughout the US. To learn more, please visit www.3cloudsolutions.com.
We are growing exponentially, which means that we need to grow our Finance and Accounting team. Among other things, the Finance team identifying how to harness the power of enterprise data to create and use analytics to provide meaningful, actionable insights and recommendations on historic and forecasted future financial performance to leadership. As a Financial Analyst, you will own significant portions of the financial forecasting process and will play a key role in enabling business reporting, and spearheading customer profitability initiatives.
This position will report to the Director of Financial Planning & Analysis.
- Financial Reporting
- Prepare analyses and messaging and proposed performance improvement action items related to project pipeline, bookings, revenue, backlog, profitability, operational performance, and other KPIs.
- Lead weekly discussions with senior leadership reviewing KPIs and progress toward stated goals and objectives.
- Ensure data integrity and financial reporting accuracy.
- Understand firm systems and data to assess implications of operational changes on reporting. In particular, understand how to tap into the Company’s Enterprise Data Warehouse through Power BI and excel to create scalable, repeatable reporting as well as drive ad-hoc analysis as needed.
- Develop financial expertise in our business to make recommendations to influence strategic decision making and planning.
- Business Forecasting
- Support an efficient and effective forecasting process that produces accurate, achievable forecasts that align with strategic objectives.
- Collaborate with business teams to provide a finance perspective while providing validation and impact analysis support.
- Become an expert in our Anaplan forecasting tool, audit and maintain its structure and data, and champion its adoption in core business processes across the company.
- Client Financial Management
- For assigned client accounts, provide accurate forecasting and reporting, cash flow optimization, and financial analysis throughout the lifecycle of a contract.
- Support client account financial planning processes and internal client profitability reporting.
- Develop innovative solutions to overcome complex revenue and profitability challenges, manage contract risk, and provide insights on future staffing needs.
- Lead discussions with finance and business leadership and communicate in clear and concise manner about findings and recommendations.
- Identify and champion opportunities to improve, simplify, and automate financial tools and internal processes that will help the business scale and drive efficiency.
- Serve as connection point between all parts of the business to drive operational results and efficiency.
- Understand and follow 3Cloud’s corporate and accounting policies and procedures.
- Conduct other financial analysis and reporting as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative discipline.
- 5+ years of experience in financial planning and analysis (FP&A), preferably in a professional services/consulting firm.
- Experience with Power BI reporting and/or Anaplan modeling tools strongly preferred.
- Understanding of GAAP and accounting controls.
- Proven ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Demonstrated accomplishments in the following areas:
- Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Experience building financial models and variance analysis
- Developing trust and positive influence with senior leadership
- Problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly-changing environment.
- Strong desire for personal development and learning.
Occasional travel may be required.