Associate, Finance & Strategy at Pilot.com (Remote)
- Track and evaluate key business function initiatives including new experiments and promotional campaigns
- Assist in biweekly resource allocation variance analysis, and identify risk, opportunities, and mitigation measures to ensure we are deploying our resources efficiently
- Run the ad-hoc analysis to help uncover growth opportunities, cost efficiencies, or ways to further scale the offering
- Facilitate monthly reviews of customer pricing to ensure CFO Services customers are priced and billed appropriately
- Partner with Principals on the team to help our clients:
- Bring the latest analytical techniques plus a deep understanding of financial modeling to help clients develop financial models, budgets and forecasts
- Be the world’s preeminent financial services tech-enabled firm - trusted advisor for our clients on their most important financial and business decisions
- Build long-term relationships and drive superior financial returns based on unique business insights
- Deliver measurable and sustainable improvements in financial and business KPIs
- Keep business plans and projects on track and on budget with ongoing budget management and monitoring for variance reporting and rolling forecasts
- Support successful investor discussion and board meetings by analyzing and tracking relevant KPIsIn partnership with the team and cross-functional partners, you will also:
- Identify areas of opportunity within Pilot CFO Services and develop strategies to address them
- Recommend and drive process improvements to maximize accuracy and efficiency within our offering
- 1-4 years of relevant experience in investment banking or management consulting
- Advanced Excel modeling skills with an ability to own complicated models end-to-end
- Highly analytical with ability to consume and process large amounts of unstructured information
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to distill complex issues into structured frameworks and concrete action plans
- High attention to detail
- Highly entrepreneurial and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with minimal guidance
- Strategic thinker and ability to independently carry out rigorous problem solving
- Strong interest in technology
- This position is only available for remote employment in New York, United States
Pilot launched in 2017 to bring the back office into the modern era. Pilot provides small businesses with dedicated finance experts - which Pilot hires as full-time, U.S.-based employees - who learn the ins-and-outs of their business. Pilot integrates directly with the billing, banking, expense, and payroll systems customers already use. With a special blend of custom software and expert bookkeepers, Pilot delivers accurate, consistent bookkeeping and financial management and tax services that give entrepreneurs the freedom to focus on their business.
Pilot has over 1,000 customers and has raised over $170 million in financing from Sequoia, Index Ventures, Stripe, Bezos Expeditions, and Whale Rock. Our investors also include a long list of world-class entrepreneurs, including Patrick and John Collison, Drew Houston, and Diane Greene. Our most recent funding round doubled our valuation to $1.2 billion – Meet Fintech’s Newest Unicorn.
- We invest in our employees’ development and happiness because our employees are the keys to our success and ensuring happy customers
- The opportunity to join a seasoned founding team that has led companies through two prior successful startups and acquisitions (by Oracle and Dropbox).
- Flexible vacation/time-off policy
- All federal holidays are observed
- Competitive benefits package including wellness benefits such as Modern Health, Headscape, One Medical, Aaptiv and Rightway
- Parental leave for birthing or non-birthing parents – 100% pay for 12 weeks
- 401(k) plan
Pilot commits to provide a work environment free of discrimination and harassment, as well as equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. You may view all of Pilot’s recruiting notices here, including our EEO policy, recruitment agency policy, recruitment scam notice, and important E-Verify information.