Accounts Receivable Specialist at LivePerson
LivePerson is a transformational force in how brands and consumers communicate. With over 18,000 brands, including HSBC, Verizon, and Home Depot, we are on a mission to make life easier for people and brands everywhere through trusted Conversational AI. We believe in a future where conversations are the norm for getting your intentions fulfilled - whatever they are.
We are an innovative, intent-driven company that believes in building the future and we are looking for growth minded, unconventional thinkers, developers and builders to join the team.
You will thrive here if:
You can operate in a fast paced, dynamic environment
You nerd out about AI, how it can be applied, or how you can learn more about it (don’t worry we’ll help)
You believe data-led decision making is the norm
You see feedback or failure as motivation to learn and to grow
You relate to our core principles and want to work with experts in their respective fields
As an Accounts Receivable Specialist, you will be responsible for handling all Cash Allocation responsibilities and special projection. Duties include (but not limited to) the following:
In this role you will:
- Post and reconcile all payments via lockbox upload, manual application (checks, ACH and wires), zero remits and/or payment corrections in a timely manner.
- Process all manual credit card payments.
- Print batch reports and balance cash batches posted daily.
- Notify collection analysts of any payment discrepancies by providing allocation details, remittances and explanation of discrepancy.
- Heavy account reconciliation to include identifying and correcting misapplied payments current and historical.
- Review and reconcile unapplied payments.
- Assist collections analysts with accounts with credit balances.
- Assist with bank reconciliations.
- Help identify customers remitting to incorrect banks to streamline payment process.
- Provide exceptional customer service to internal and external customers.
- Collections Support: not limited to contacting clients, creating and implementing payment action plans, credit/write off request submission, 3rd party collections.
- Review and respond to cases in Salesforce.com to include: process incoming credit cards, process vendor forms and response to customer inquiries.
- Perform related duties and special projects as assigned.
Your qualifications are:
- Minimum of 3 years cash allocation experience (preferably within SaaS or technology industry).
- At least 2 years collections experience (preferably within SaaS or technology industry).
- Advanced degree in Accounting preferred, not required.
- Excellent analytical, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Extreme organizational, follow-up, and time management skills.
- Ability to create reports/presentations. Intermediate to Advanced Excel and skills are required.
- Experience with Google Suite (Gmail, Sheets, Docs, etc) a plus, not required.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Experience with business systems like Zuora, Salesforce.
- Ability to multitask in a high volume environment.
- Ability to work independently in a remote environment.
Why you’ll love working here:
LivePerson was named to FastCompany’s World’s most innovative companies of 2020 list for the Artificial Intelligence category. We offer amazing colleagues along with opportunities to push your own limits to grow. We embrace invention and experimentation. Most importantly, you’ll have an ability to make an impact at work and at brands across the globe as we build the future with trusted Conversational AI together.
At LivePerson, people from diverse backgrounds come together to do their best work and be their authentic selves. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.