LivePerson is a transformational force in how brands and consumers communicate. With over 18,000 brands, including HSBC, Verizon, and Home Depot, we are on a mission to make life easier for people and brands everywhere through trusted Conversational AI. We believe in a future where conversations are the norm for getting your intentions fulfilled - whatever they are.
We are an innovative, intent-driven company that believes in building the future and we are looking for growth minded, unconventional thinkers, developers and builders to join the team.
You will thrive here if:
You can operate in a fast paced, dynamic environment
You nerd out about AI, how it can be applied, or how you can learn more about it (don’t worry we’ll help)
You believe data-led decision making is the norm
You see feedback or failure as motivation to learn and to grow
You relate to our core principles and want to work with experts in their respective fields
In this role you will:
- Newly established role, taking ownership of all technical accounting matters, along with a variety of special projects.
- M&A due diligence support.
- Assistance with M&A scoping and integration activities.
- Lead the implementation of new accounting systems, and corresponding upgrades where applicable.
- Analyze and conclude on multiple technical accounting issues as they arise, including, but not limited to; acquisitions, accounting for debt and equity accounting concepts, hedging, foreign currency analysis, joint venture accounting and other complex accounting matters.
- Technical accounting assistance in terms of the preparation of quarterly and annual financial reports with the SEC (10-K & 10-Q).
- Direct and assist in the preparation of financial metrics (non-GAAP measures) and the related disclosures, with an understanding of restrictions on the use of non-GAAP measures.
- Perform benchmarking research of peer companies on financial disclosure and other information as needed.
- Perform complex accounting analysis when needed or on an ad hoc basis.
- Assistance in the preparation of other SEC reports as required, to the extent technical issues arise. SEC reports include, but are not limited to; Form 4, Proxy statement, Form 8-K, and S-8 filings.
- Assist accounting team with compliance regarding statutory reporting requirements in multiple foreign jurisdictions.
- Analyze new accounting standards issued by the FASB to determine the impact to the company and implement new accounting standards, as required.
- Maintain awareness of regulatory changes and expected changes to anticipate new disclosures and necessary updates to accounting policies or filing requirements.
- Lead and train junior staff on specific projects as and when required.
- Interact with external auditors in completing the quarterly reviews and annual audits of the SEC financials and other filings.
- Maintain documentation supporting SOX compliance.
Your qualifications are:
- 5+ years of progressive accounting experience.
- Active CPA license preferred, but not expressly required.
- Big 4 or other large public accounting firm experience required.
- Familiarity with technical accounting standards, coupled with an ability to independently research, document, and conclude on a variety of technical accounting topics.
- Previous experience writing robust technical memorandums is a big plus.
- Willingness to learn quickly and adapt to a high growth environment.
- Extremely strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Confident and polished interpersonal skills with willingness to engage with and present results to senior management and inter-departmental leaders.
- Strong Excel skills (formula design, pivot tables, charts).
Why you’ll love working here:
LivePerson was named to FastCompany’s World’s most innovative companies of 2020 list for the Artificial Intelligence category. We offer amazing colleagues along with opportunities to push your own limits to grow. We embrace invention and experimentation. Most importantly, you’ll have an ability to make an impact at work and at brands across the globe as we build the future with trusted Conversational AI together.
At LivePerson, people from diverse backgrounds come together to do their best work and be their authentic selves. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.