Zayo provides mission-critical bandwidth to the world's most impactful companies, fueling the innovations that are transforming our society. Zayo's 133,000-mile network in North America and Europe includes extensive metro connectivity to thousands of buildings and data centers. Zayo's communications infrastructure solutions include dark fiber, private data networks, wavelengths, Ethernet, and dedicated Internet access. Zayo serves wireless and wireline carriers, media, tech, content, finance, healthcare and other large enterprises.
The Fiber Network Inventory Associate will report to the Large Project Implementation organization under a specific team within the Long Haul department. This team's responsibilities involve building new long haul network into our fiber inventory systems, recovering missing fiber network, and improving data quality overall for our fiber plant records. This team is critical to the front line of our network data quality, specifically by adhering to our standards and nomenclature which support our customer service platform and GIS analysis tools. The position will also involve various efforts in alignment with fiber engineering and operations teams, and the overall integrity of our fiber network infrastructure.
- Recover and interpret civil engineering prints (asbuilts) of new network installs to manually build fiber assets and construction details into GIS inventory systems, specifically GE Smallworld.
- Assists with data cleanup and QC in fiber inventory systems.
- Manages Zayo network inventory through database tracking of fiber optic cable, conduit, building data, and more.
- Organizes and tracks all tasks and dependencies, and reports on missing or inaccurate data.
- Provides support to fiber engineering and outside plant construction teams as needed.
- Works alongside fiber network and GIS analyst teams to ensure data accuracy.
- Assists in areas of design and development to improve network integrity and support fiber engineering projects.
- Well qualified candidate will have proven aptitude to prioritize tasks and timelines while cross functioning in a fast-paced environment independently.
- Degree or background in engineering a plus; Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, GIS, Telecom, and/or related major.
- Interest in telecommunications and fiber optics.
- Possesses strong organizational and communicative skills, both oral and written.
- Qualified candidates are extremely detail oriented and understand importance of data quality.
- This is not a data entry position; must be a creative thinker with strong problem solving abilities.
- Proven teamwork success abilities are preferred.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision while being a constructive contributor to a team.
- Supports company objectives and takes initiative to accomplish goals.
- Proficiency in MS Office and Adobe; in particular MS Visio and MS Excel.
- GIS and Google Earth experience a plus.
- Prior experience with GE Smallworld or other fiber inventory system preferred.
Base pay range: $27.65 - $36.30/hour, commensurate with experience.
Benefits, Rewards & Wellness
- Excellent Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Retirement 401(k) Savings Plan
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, provincial or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.