UI Developer (US Remote) at Informa
Informa is a leading business intelligence, academic publishing, knowledge and events group. We help customers in hundreds of professional, commercial and academic communities connect and learn, and create and provide access to content and intelligence so they can work smarter and make better decisions faster.
Informa Financial Intelligence provides actionable insight to help our customers make smarter decisions. We provide fund and wealth managers, traders, insurers, analysts, and investment and retail bankers with the intelligent advantage to make informed decisions, understand past trends, forecast future performance, drive profitability, and increase returns.
The world’s top global financial institutions look to Informa Financial Intelligence for our authority, precision and forward-focused analysis. We’re the world’s leading provider of fund management, wealth management, investment banking and retail banking market intelligence and competitive research.
We are seeking a MS stack UI Developer with a passion to build great software who can help us grow a modern web-based, predominantly front end stack to join our growing engineering team. You will be responsible for designing and implementing EPFR Global’s web-based User Interfaces for our customer facing products. You will be working on developing software that is used to deliver large, complex datasets to our worldwide customers. Your ideas and contributions will directly influence the company's future.
Your primary focus will be on frontend development, however, there are plenty of opportunities to leverage your backend development skills as well, if desired. You will be working in a Scrum environment so a commitment to collaborative problem solving is essential.
- Have 3+ years’ experience building complex, modern web applications.
- Participate in all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Ability to take ownership of a project and execute it with technical excellence
- Desire to get involved in the User Experience (UX/UI) design process with end-users.
- Translate requirements into high-quality, testable, scalable software.
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to mitigate and address these issues.
- Be a team player and collaborate with and train others in the organization as needed.
- Develop wireframe mockups and documentation throughout the SDLC.
- Participate in client meetings (on occasion) to gain insight into how clients use the product.
- MVC Framework
- Expertise in building complex layouts with CSS and HTML is required.
- Experience with modern browser technologies is required.
- HTML/CSS experience, including concepts like layout, specificity, cross browser compatibility, and accessibility is required.
- Knowledge of front end integration with REST APIs is preferred.
Nice to have
- An advantage would be working knowledge of AZURE.
- Knowledge of SQL
- Familiarity with design and architectural patterns to build scalable, maintainable, and testable software is a plus.
- Knowledge of Angular is a plus.
- Proficiency with GitHub and Jira is a plus.
- Familiarity with TeamCity or other build system for building and deploying front end code is a plus.
- Financial Experience is a plus, particularly with visualization frameworks for charting data points.
Why work at Informa
Employee experience is very important to us at Informa. On top of joining a supportive, diverse and ambitious team that welcomes all types of candidates. We are also flexible with different working patterns and prioritizes promotions internally. Our benefits include:
- Learning and development plan to assist with your career development
- 15 days PTO plus 9 national holidays, 4 days for volunteering and a day off for your birthday!
- Competitive Benefits with 401k match
- Paid parental leave
- Work with a high quality of specialist products and service
- Bright and friendly staff who are all “expert’s experts” and additional training and development for helping you achieve your career aspiration
- ESPP - become a shareholder
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.
See how Informa handles your personal data when you apply for a job here.