UI Architect - Platform at Veeva
Sorry, this job was removed at 7:14 p.m. (CST) on Wednesday, December 1, 2021
Veeva [NYSE: VEEV] is the leader in cloud-based software for the global life sciences industry. Committed to innovation, product excellence, and customer success, our customers range from the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies to emerging biotechs. Veeva’s software helps our customers bring medicines and therapies to patients faster.
We are the first public company to become a Public Benefit Corporation. As a PBC, we are committed to making the industries we serve more productive, and we are committed to creating high-quality employment opportunities.
Veeva is a Work Anywhere company which means that you can choose to work in the environment that works best for you - on any given day.
As a UI Architect for our Veeva Vault UI Platform team, you will take a leading role in building innovative solutions used by thousands of engineers within Veeva. UI Platform’s mission is to “Accelerate UI Application Development” and your sole focus will be achieving that mission through the creation of original software solutions written “by engineers, for engineers”.
There is no red tape, politics, or endless meetings here; likewise, if you enjoy working in a dynamic work environment, and are up to the challenge of building a UI Platform that will revolutionize software delivery at Veeva, we look forward to hearing from you!
What You'll Do
- Design, develop and demo proof of concept prototypes for complex features
- Lead our UI Software Development Kit technical design discussions
- Architect efficient and reusable systems that power our many web applications
- Own all aspects of feature implementation from design to delivery
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to your peers
- Establish and enforce best practices and coding standards
- Regularly lead code reviews to ensure code quality
- 12+ years of software development experience with excellent communication skills
- Extensive expertise in the design, development, and use of component-based UI architectures
- Advanced knowledge of HTML/CSS including concepts like layout, specificity, cross-browser compatibility, and accessibility
- Proficiency with CSS abstraction layers (e.g. SASS or JSS)
- Experience identifying and resolving performance and scalability issues
Nice to Have
- Passion for creating an amazing user experience
- Code quality and clear documentation
- Creativity and a willingness to explore new technologies
- Tenacity and technical brilliance
- Take pride in work through attention to detail
- Engineer Perspective: 3 Reasons to Consider Veeva
- Engineering at Veeva
Perks & Benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Annual budget to donate to the non-profit of your choice
- Fitness and Wellness Reimbursement
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected]