Test Track Validation Engineer at Motional (Las Vegas, NV)
- Develop comprehensive test procedures that fully verify and validate associated requirements, ODD, and design documentation.
- Engage autonomous vehicles regularly on the local test track.
- Execute validation testing for Autonomous Vehicle involving perception, navigation, and safety functionalities.
- Coordinate the setup, configuration, and maintenance of advanced automotive test equipment for closed-course testing.
- Use technical writing skills to author detailed test plans, test procedures, test cases, and related documents
- Work with systems and development teams as a key stakeholder for requirements, Logical Scenarios, and design documentation of autonomous vehicles and their advanced systems.
- Communicate test results to development teams and management, and facilitate resolving of technical issues.
- Balance feature test workload with bench counterpart as necessary and work during night time testing..
- Author Validation Reports
What we are looking for :
- Education: BS in Engineering /MS In Engineering
- Driver's License
- Experience in autonomous (SAE J3016 Level 2 & 3 Automation Level systems) or complex vehicle engineering projects
- Experience with functional test plan development, execution, and reporting
- Experience using typical automotive interfaces: CAN,CANFD,Auto-Ethernet.
- Experience in MATLAB, SIMULINK, CANoe, CAPL, Python, and dSPACE tools.
- Understanding of general vehicle architecture and knowledge of Electronic equipment.
- Experience in ADAS or AV testing/validation on closed-course
- Experience with any of the following test equipment:
- AB Dynamics GST
- AB Dynamics LaunchPad
- 4active Pedestrian Targets
- DRI SoftCar 360
- OxTS RT 3000
- Vector tools
- Experience with any of the following ADAS testing standards:
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. We’re behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, it’s imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motional’s success. That’s why we’ve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.