Test Automation Manager at Cisco Meraki (San Francisco, CA)
At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect, empower, and drive us. Our mission is to simplify technology so our customers can focus on what's most significant to them: their students, patients, customers, and businesses. We’re making networking easier, faster, and smarter with technology that simply works. We place a high value on encouraging the growth and development of everyone on our team. We cultivate an open and supportive workplace where everybody is given the opportunity to succeed.ABOUT THE TEAM:
You will lead the Meraki Sensors QA team that is fully embedded within Software Engineering. The QA team builds and runs all software and hardware tests to ensure that new releases meet our quality and reliability standards. We are a new and fast-paced product group at Meraki that is growing the simple and scalable Meraki approach by applying it to sensing and monitoring in our IoT platform. We are looking for a Lead QA Automation Engineer who is passionate about quality, understands the demands of IoT and loves to build proven and scalable test suites. Your contributions will make direct impact to the success of our business. Meraki engineers put customer experience first, own projects from beginning to end, and are empowered to make impactful decisions.AS THE TEST AUTOMATION MANAGER YOU WILL FOCUS ON THE FOLLOWING:
- Lead and grow the Meraki Sensors QA Team
- Be responsible for the creation and execution of automated and manual test plans that align with the product roadmap
- Own an active lab that supports our physical testing automation needs
- Grow and scale the existing automation framework to support complex testing scenarios and cross-team integrations
- Partner with software developers and functional test engineers to automate testbeds end to end
- Identify how to physically and virtually tests sensors and other Meraki devices using environmental triggers like opening doors and detecting water and temperatures spikes
- Maintain and improve the internal test analysis UI dashboard - add UI pages for new test results analysis
- Mentor engineers and provide technical guidance in prioritizing out their projects
- Collaborate with other engineers across Meraki to continually improve our testing practices to accommodate our evolving priorities
- Work closely with external vendors in order to build and maintain physical test rigs and hardware
- Provide technical leadership to the larger Meraki Sensors (MT) team: weighing in on testing and quality priorities, projects going on across the team, etc.
- Have a BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or an equivalent amount of related experience
- Have 5+ years of experience in Software Quality Assurance with a focus on IoT test automation
- Have expert level knowledge of scripting languages such as Python or Ruby
- Have experience crafting, implementing and scaling Automated test frameworks
- Experience with building or maintaining Web Frameworks, Microservices and APIs
- Have a proven understanding on testing IoT devices using BLE technologies
- Have Agile development and CI/CD experience
- Previous people management experience
- Using development infrastructure tools, such as Jenkins, Git, Gerrit, JIRA
- Experience with scalable testing hardware like rasberrypi, LabView or similar
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Message to applicants applying to work in the U.S.:
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.