Technical Marketing Engineer- Cloud and Licensing at Cisco Meraki
The Cisco Meraki team is seeking a creative and driven Technical Marketing Engineer to support product management activities for the Cloud team. The Cloud team covers product areas such as the user experience, API, developer ecosystem, and backend infrastructure. Your mission will be to lead the next-generation cloud connected hardware strategy. You will expand Meraki’s cloud management capabilities and collaborate with product teams across the company (wireless access points, network security appliances, intelligent video cameras and more).
Meraki is changing the way the industry thinks about networking, and you will lead the charge to continue the evolution. You will team up with forward-thinking engineers and excited customers to help ensure that we have the best user experience and the most advanced cloud platform in the industry.
As a Technical Marketing Engineer, you are the authority on the product and ensure the continued success of Meraki products by driving feature development, customer issues, and large scale infrastructure projects. You will collaborate with an outstanding Engineering team to build the future of the Meraki Cloud platform. You will partner with our Sales team to ensure we continue to grow our happy customer base as well as work together with our Support team to analyze and resolve critical issues.
- Serve as the domain specialist and key technical advisor for the Meraki cloud and licensing
- Represent cloud and licensing features, roadmap and strategy to partners, customers, and executives
- Work with engineering teams through design, development, testing, launch and iteration of new ground-breaking license management capabilities, consumption models, and infrastructure
- Drive cross team initiatives, investigations of customer issues and understanding feature requests
- Produce user documentation, standard methodology documents, and deployment guides for internal and external use across the company
- Build relationships with our Sales team and customers, and act as the primary technical point of contact for some of our most sophisticated deployments
- Be a trusted partner on our licensing data architecture for our Engineering, Finance, and Data Science team
- Showcase the power of APIs to extend flexibility and functionality of Dashboard to enable our largest customers to onboard, configure, and manage at scale
- Degree in CS, EE, or a related technical field
- 3+ years of work experience in software development, data center and/or cloud technologies
- Experience in technical support, product testing, or QA preferred
- You have a passion for learning about networking, cloud, and emerging ground-breaking technologies
- You have a passion for understanding and simplifying the B2B purchasing and renewal experiences
- You have a strong sense of customer empathy to care deeply about top customer problems
- You are able to easily communicate complicated concepts to non-technical people
- You have a results-oriented, can-do attitude with an intuitive understanding of product quality
- You love solving technical problems in creative ways
Based in our sunny San Francisco office with stunning views of AT&T Ballpark and the Bay beyond, Meraki offers an onsite gym, multiple kitchens stocked with gourmet snacks, cappuccino machines, daily catered lunches, and a generous benefits package.
Cisco requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated or have an approved religious or medical accommodation. Candidates accepting an offer must provide proof of vaccination status on their first day. If someone anticipates requesting an accommodation for this requirement, they must receive approval before the start date. Candidates receiving an offer will receive additional information about the accommodation process at the time of the offer. All offers of employment are contingent upon complying with Cisco's vaccination policy.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.