Who we are and what we do
Audinate leads the world in networked media with our "Dante" technology used extensively in professional audio / video installation including live events, broadcast, entertainment venues and communications systems.
Dante harnesses the power of IT networking to make AV better, replacing the need for specialised point-to-point analogue and digital connections. With audio and video making up so much of our daily lives, we play an important role in every great audio visual moment. The Dante technology embedded in popular AV products makes it possible for users to connect sound and vision like never before.
Audinate is both firmly established and growing rapidly: we offer a full stack solution including low level hardware, desktop and server applications.
As a result of ongoing growth, we are recruiting an experienced Technical Design Consulting Engineer (TDC Engineer) to join our new Professional Services organization.
Professional Services at Audinate is focused on assisting Consultants, Integrators, and Enterprise Customers with developing appropriate audio visual network implementations which are capable of effectively and efficiently running Dante, as well as associated networking technologies.
You will help to define the functions of the organization, build out supporting tools and infrastructure, and provide Technical Design Consulting services to Audinate’s broad customer base, particularly for Dante, the leading AVoIP technology.
- Assist in translating customer requirements into functional system designs
- Develop engineering and architectural (RCP/Floor Plan) drawings, calculations and acoustical modeling
- Support customers in identify all cabling and miscellaneous material needs
- Develop proposals for delivery of Audinate Professional Services, including Scope of Work (SOW), measures of success, time estimations, underlying assumptions, customer resource and staffing requirements, and identification of any additional services required to complete the SOW.
- Act as customer liaison for engineering inquiries
- Contribute to the sales process by delivering design and implementation support in order to increase customer confidence in projects and meet schedule objectives.
- Assess existing network plant capabilities, staff capabilities, and their “fit for purpose” in support of a Dante AV network.
- Assure the quality and effectiveness of designs contemplated by customers through assisting in their development and through review.
- Assist in the implementation of AV network designs, assisting customers in trouble shooting and bring up of AV networks.
- Verify the execution of an AV network design through independent commissioning and testing of the design against agreed to specifications
- Identify customer training requirements in order to maintain the designed and implemented AV network as well as plan for network growth and long term support.
To be successful you will have
- Strong experience in the Professional AV industry is required and, in particular, advanced knowledge of the design, installation, trouble-shooting and support of AV/IP networks required.
- Direct hands-on experience in planning, creating, documenting, and supporting Professional AV/IP networks.
- Very strong knowledge and experience of Dante networking (Dante Level 3 Certification highly preferred)
- Experience working directly with Professional AV Consultants, System Integrators and/or Enterprise AV/IT Support staff.
- Capability to write technical proposals, network documentation, block flow diagrams, installation diagrams, work instructions, etc.
Additional desired experience
- Programming experience with AV control systems such as those from Crestron, Extron or AMX/Harmon.
- Experience in network diagnosis and troubleshooting using tools such as Wireshark, Zabbix, Cati, NTOPng, Nagios, OpenVMS, SolarWinds, or Spiceworks.
- Experience with Cloud connectivity solutions such as AWS DirectConnect or Microsoft Azure.
- Professional certification as a CTS-I or CTS-D desired
- Professional certification in networking from Cisco, Juniper, Extreme, Microsoft, etc is desired.
- Knowledge of embedded operating systems (Linux), desktop and server operating system systems (Windows, Mac OSX, Linux), PC hardware, and familiarity with FPGA desired
- Strong communication, influencing and negotiating skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Team player, with good interpersonal skills
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally. Travel could be up to 50%.
- Written and conversational skills in multiple languages is desired.
When you join us in our brand-new office in Cambridge (UK) or our Portland, OR office, you’ll be joining a global team of talented and passionate people who work hard together and enjoy it!
In addition to a competitive salary, annual bonus and equity incentive plan, you’ll have the opportunity to truly make a difference in our growing organization. You’ll also experience our diverse, values-based culture and a range of benefits such as flexible working hours through to volunteering leave and social activities.
More Information on Audinate
Audinate operates in the Digital Media industry. The company is located in Portland, OR. Audinate was founded in 2006. It has 137 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as 401(K), Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Remote Work Program, Paid Sick Days. To see all 3 open jobs at Audinate, click here.
Read Full Job Description