Tech Lead at Informa (Remote)
Informa is a leading academic publishing, business intelligence, knowledge and events business, creating unique content and connectivity for customers all over the world. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a member of the FTSE 100.
Taylor & Francis Group produces high quality, peer reviewed books and journals. We produce unique, trusted content by expert authors, spreading knowledge and promoting discovery globally. We aim to broaden thinking and advance understanding, providing academics and professionals with a platform to share ideas and realise their individual potential.Job Description
We are currently looking to bring on a talented, self-motivated and conscientious Tech Lead to work in our busy development of our submission platform focusing on helping researchers publish to leading journals . You will work with like minded talented engineers towards enriching the experience of our users and partners and report to Engineering manager.
What you’ll be doing:
· Contribute to all aspects of the services under the team’s ownership, which includes design, implementation, refactoring, automated testing, deployment, and uptime of the services.
· Help other team members grow as engineers through code review, pairing, and mentoring.
· Leading 1 or more scrum teams to design & deliver epics & stories the backlogs
· Improve internal team processes by keeping what's working, throwing away what's not.
· Help set the vision of the services under the team's ownership.
· Help align the roadmap based on customer and company desires.
· Build the technology the right way: for us, this means simple, well-tested services that gradually grow over time, and that provide plenty of insight into production performanceQualifications
What we’re looking for:
· Being passionate about your craft and want to be surrounded by like-minded individuals
· Ability to clearly communicate to technical and non-technical audiences.
· Ability to multitask in a dynamic environment
· Possess a good understanding of continuous delivery, writing unit tests and automated testing.
· Prior experience delivering using Agile on at least 1 key projects.
· Comfortable working at all tiers of modern applications, from the frontend all the way to the database.
· Do TDD/BDD all day.
· Must have a very strong knowledge of how the web works and how to make it efficient (HTTP, caching, page rendering, sockets, etc).
· Must possess solid software development fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, problem solving, OO design, and system architecture).
· Must have exposure to Microservice Architecture, Domain Driven Design, REST APIs
· Care about great design, not only in the product and visual sense, but also in your code and technical architecture
· Have experience managing Git and release workflow
· Have a BE/Msc - Computer Science
- 24 days annual leave
- 4 volunteering days annually
- Day off for your birthday
- Pension contributions
- Medical insurance for self and dependants; life cover and personal accident cover for self
- Seasonal social and charitable events
- Training and development
- Blended style and flexi working time
- Right tools for remote working
At Taylor & Francis we care about our colleagues, promoting work-life balance, wellbeing and flexible working. We believe that the skills and experience you bring to Taylor & Francis are invaluable. We want you to have the opportunity to develop your abilities, and to innovate and develop in areas which you are passionate about.
You must have the right to work and live in the India
This role is based at our Bangalore office or may be remote
We would like to thank all applicants in advance and regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified