Systems Engineer- Endpoint at Northwestern Mutual (Milwaukee, WI)
At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
W e 're strong and growing. In a company with such a long and storied history, this may be the most exciting and important time to be a part of Northwestern Mutual. We're strong, innovative and growing.
We invest in our people. We provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career and in turn, our business.
We care. We make a positive difference in our communities. Nationally, thousands have benefitted from our support of research and programs to fight childhood cancer. Each year, our Foundation, employees and financial representatives donate time, talent and financial support to causes they're passionate about.
At Northwestern Mutual, we believe relationships are built on trust. That our lives and our work matter. These beliefs launched our company over 160 years ago. Today, they're just a few of the reasons why people choose to build careers at Northwestern Mutual.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Cumulative of prior level plus following:
- Identify and resolve Endpoint vulnerabilities within identified SLAs.
- Proactively monitor to prevent and resolve application system performance bottlenecks.
- Proactively ensure SLAs are maintained and systems are built for sustainability.
- Understand the technical concepts necessary to do your job effectively and are aware of industry trends in your domain.
- Consider and build for many different use cases but avoid over engineering.
- Determine where to find answers and grow your own knowledge both with and without guidance.
- 3 years experience as a Desktop Support Engineer.
- Hands on experience supporting laptops, desktops, and virtual environments (VDI).
- Experience with monitoring, identifying, prioritizing, and remediating endpoint and system vulnerabilities.
- 3 years experience with monitoring and performance management of systems.
- Experience with Grafana, SCCM, Tanium, and SysTrack is preferred
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years professional experience required
- 3 years experience with at least one OS/hosting platform
- Experience with modern development and scripting languages
- In depth knowledge of immediate systems you work on and some knowledge of adjacent systems.
- Advanced business and technical communication skills.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills within area of expertise.
- Understanding of high-availability concepts.
- Experience with multiple delivery methodologies such as Agile and Waterfall.
- Passionate about security
- A great teammate and enjoys collaborating with multi-functional teams.
- A great communicator (written and verbal) with an ability to articulate complex topics in a clear and concise manner.
- Employs a flexible and constructive approach when solving problems.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and lead multiple projects simultaneously.
Agile Methodologies - Intermediate
Application Performance Management - Basic
Application Platforms - Intermediate
Client Communications - Intermediate
Cloud Technologies - Basic
Containerization - Basic
Continuous Learning - Intermediate
Data Modeling - Intermediate
Domain Development - Basic
Engineering Practices - Intermediate
Enterprise Solutions Architecture - Basic
Infrastructure Automation - Basic
Infrastructure Development - Basic
Monitor System Performance - Basic
Negotiation - Basic
Network Operations - Basic
Programming Languages - Intermediate
SaaS Platforms - Basic
Script Development - Intermediate
Scripting Languages - Intermediate
Strategic Thinking - Basic
Technical Communication - Intermediate
Technical Solution Development - Basic
Technology Change Management - Intermediate
Troubleshooting - Intermediate
Virtualization - Basic
Waterfall Model - Intermediate
Pay Range - Start:
Pay Range - End:
N ort hwester n Mutual pays on a geographic-specific salary structure and placement in the salary range for this position will be determined by a number of factors including the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; the scope, complexity as well as the cost of labor in the market; and other conditions of employment. At Northwestern Mutual, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. Please note that the salary range listed in the posting is the standard pay structure. Positions in certain locations (such as California) may provide an increase on the standard pay structure based on the location. Please click here for additional information relating to location-based pay structures.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client's interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in California, Colorado, New York City, Washington or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We're excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Flexible work schedules
- Concierge service
- Comprehensive benefits
- Employee resource groups