Systems Engineer - 2018789 at Sonatype (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:36 p.m. (CST) on Tuesday, June 21, 2022
Sonatype is a dynamic and innovative global software company with more than 500 employees. We have been pioneers of modern software development practices, are in hyper-growth mode, and WE ARE HIRING!
Walls don’t make a company great; people do — and we have the best. While we have offices in Australia, the United States, and the United Kingdom, our growing and talented team lives and works anywhere and everywhere.
We believe great discoveries happen when people from a diverse group of backgrounds learn, grow, and work together to achieve common goals. Our amazing opportunities are available across the globe in our Engineering, Design, Product Management, Marketing, and Sales teams. We seek candidates who share our passion for Open Source Technology and offer a creative, collaborative environment where every employee has a voice.
Learn more at www.sonatype.com.
The Software Integration Engineer will provide installation support for enterprise software development life cycle systems. You will install, configure, and test enterprise software-based solutions on heterogeneous platforms. You will work closely with development teams and environments, security personnel, and operations.
Successful candidates will have extensive experience working with Open Source software components, systems, and development tools. In addition, you will have strong Java development experience and the ability to acquire a U.S. security clearance – TS/SCI
- 7+ years' experience in Systems Integration/Engineering
- 3+ years of experience as a sales engineer or product engineer providing support to clients in differing environments
- 3 years large scale operations support experience
- Broad experience with related technologies (Network, Database, Storage, Web servers, etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work in dynamic environments with multiple technologies.
- Strong documentation and presentation skills
- Extensive experience deploying AWS and Cloud based solutions and services
- Deep knowledge and experience with AWS, Linux systems, database technologies, and web technologies
- Develop infrastructure automation that codifies and standardizes best-practices into modular architectural components
- Design scalable and highly available architectures for new systems in collaboration with Development and Operations teams
- Familiarity in LDAP, SNMP, DNS, Mail, Security, etc.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills. Self-starter, well organized, and able to work independently as well as in a small group.
- Some travel required
- Familiar with Database technologies (Mysql, Oracle, etc).
- Knowledge of storage systems on NAS and/or SAN.
- Familiar with basic networking technologies and load balancing
- ****Prefers candidate located in the Northeastern US region, near Washington, DC.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
Things we are proud of:
Fast Company Top 50 Companies for Innovators 2018, 2019, and 2020
2019 Best Places to Work Washington Post and Washingtonian
2019 Wealthfront Top Career Launch Company
EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2019
Diversity & Inclusion Working Groups
Parental Leave Policy
Paid Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
At Sonatype, we value diversity and inclusivity. We offer perks such as parental leave, diversity, and inclusion working groups, and flexible working practices to allow our employees to show up as their whole selves. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.
More Information on Sonatype
Sonatype operates in the Software industry. The company is located in Fulton, MD and McLean, VA. Sonatype was founded in 2008. It has 392 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 47 open jobs at Sonatype, click here.
Read Full Job Description