Staff Software Site Reliability Engineer at Credit Karma
Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in Oakland, Charlotte, Los Angeles and London.
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
The Observability Engineering team is responsible for enabling the organization by developing best practices, infrastructure, tooling and architectural patterns for observability using metrics, tracing, and logging in a reliable and scalable manner. As a Senior SRE, you will serve as a technical leader for the team as well as the organization and help evolve our technology through automation and reliable architecture as well help increase velocity by collaborating across engineering to facilitate adoption.
What you’ll do:
- Lead infrastructure and software development projects to improve our observability platform utilizing metrics, dashboards, alerting, traces, APM and custom applications.
- Develop systems and frameworks to improve the processing and usage of vast amounts of observability data.
- Collaborate across Engineering and Product teams to translate application requirements to observability capabilities.
- Work within a large distributed system based on Kubernetes and Google Cloud services.
- Maintain an automation-centric vision and incorporate SRE methodologies in order to increase reliability and decrease toil.
- Participate in technical design and architecture discussions and decisions as well as contribute to technical troubleshooting in various parts of the system.
What’s great about the role:
- Contribute greatly to an extremely engineering-focused organization.
- Impact on Credit Karma’s members as well as your fellow Karmanauts.
- Be involved in organizational efforts of continuous improvement to increase and ensure the reliability of Credit Karma.
- Broad exposure to our full stack, consisting of forward-looking technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Google Cloud Platform, New Relic, Telegraf, Splunk, etc.
- Grow and learn and have fun doing it – it’s part of our culture.
- And, of course, all those awesome company perks that you have probably already read about.
- 5+ years of experience in a web-centric Linux production environment building and architecting infrastructure to scale modern web applications and supporting components.
- Strong understanding of Computer Engineering with a focus on Infrastructure, Platform, and Application (Cloud, Containerization, Container orchestration, Network, Application Reliability, Database Architecture).
- Experience running and monitoring applications at scale, using metrics and tracing tools like Prometheus, Influx, Grafana, New Relic, Data Dog, Stackdriver, Zipkin, etc.
- Professional experience with Python, Go, or similar programming languages.
- Experience developing production quality tooling.
- Familiarity with SRE methodologies; passionate about solving operational challenges by utilizing automation and software.
- Ability to communicate effectively vertically and horizontally within the organization via demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced experience with container orchestration systems like Kubernetes, Mesos, etc.
- Experience working in a Public Cloud, e.g. Google Cloud Platform, AWS, Azure, etc.
- Software Service development with additional languages (eg. Scala, Typescript, JS, Java, C++, etc).
- Familiarity with information security principles and best practices in virtual environments.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Credit Karma is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information or other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with applicable fair chance laws.
Credit Karma is also committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment because it is the right thing to do. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth. As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated.
COVID-19 update (US Jobs Only):
Credit Karma believes that vaccines are one of the most powerful tools to fight COVID-19 and save lives. We also believe that in order to work toward our mission of helping people make financial progress, people first and foremost need their health. All employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their start date unless otherwise approved for an exception as may be required by law.
Credit Karma is strongly committed to protecting personal data. Please take a look below to review our privacy policies:
- California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)