Staff Software Engineer - Order Management Platforms
Chewy is looking for a Staff Software Engineer to join the Fulfillment & Logistics Technology organization in Boston, MA, Minneapolis, MN, or Plantation, FL. This engineer will help develop and execute the services and functions for their team and thereby help Chewy to accelerate technological growth and reach new customers. This is a high visibility and high-impact role with influence that cuts across all of Chewy’s technology organization and contributes to the strategic design and planning for their team. The organization develops micro-services and tools that enable, support, and optimize processes and practices for order fulfillment and logistics. This role includes software development for new systems and developing new features for existing systems. Further, this engineer will collaborate across the engineering organization to create best practices help to map the overall ecosystem for Chewy's service architecture.
What You'll Do:
- Contribute to the design and development of cloud-based services that support the Supply Chain Technology Team's roadmap
- Help your team to design code that is logical, maintainable, scalable, modular, monitorable, highly available, secure, and performant
- Help your team to meet service-level SLAs and KPIs by design
- Be a full stake owner of service quality and operational excellence
- Help team to establish API contracts that are maintainable and meet customer use cases
- Establish and champion architectural standards best practices that enable automated test and continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD)
- Translate organizational level business requirements and use cases into infrastructure capabilities verified to meet the requirements
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders to implement org-wide best practices, data flows, reusable modules, and tooling
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering related field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 10 years of software development in Java8 or similar
- Integration of cloud services with on-premises technologies
- Experience coding in higher level programming language, Python, Ruby, JSON, etc.
- Experience with software development life cycle (SDLC) and agile/iterative and agile/scrum methodologies required
- Experience designing RESTful services and APIs
- Experience with scaling backend services
- Innovative and ability to think outside the box for creative problem solving
- Comfortable working in cross functional and multidisciplinary teams
- Excellent written and spoken communication
- Experience building and deploying applications to the cloud and exposure to administering & consuming AWS services
- Experience with OpenAPI, Swagger, or stoplight.io
- Experience migrating monolithic software applications to cloud-based services
- Experience with configuration and deployment management via Terraform or Ansible
- Design backend messaging, infrastructure using frameworks like Kafka
- Virtualization, Network knowledge is a plus
- Infrastructure automation through DevOps scripting (E.g. shell, Python, Ruby, gradle)
- Experience in ecommerce, supply chain, fulfillment, transportation or logistics
- Experience mentoring and coaching colleagues
- Machine Learning algorithm and model development
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, and you need an accommodation during the application process or to perform these job requirements, or if you need a religious accommodation, please contact [email protected].
If you have a question regarding your application, please contact [email protected].
Chewy is committed to equal opportunity. We value and embrace diversity and inclusion of all Team Members.