Crunchbase helps over 70 million people around the world connect with the companies and people that matter. We are democratizing access to opportunities so that entrepreneurs, investors, job seekers, salespeople, and others can accelerate innovation for a better future. We are proud to build products that are shaping how companies and people connect, using our intelligence and data to help them communicate in a more meaningful way with one another.
We are committed to a positive, diverse, and inclusive culture by hiring for potential, focused on the inclusion of people who have different ways of thinking, different viewpoints, different backgrounds, and different skill sets. We value a transparent and open culture that positively impacts our teams and our products.
Crunchbase has a remote-first approach, and is open to hiring in these locations:
Atlanta, Austin, Boston, Chicago, Denver, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Miami, Minneapolis, New York, Portland, Raleigh, San Francisco, and Seattle
Engineering at Crunchbase
We’re working to build an unparalleled innovative company data graph, and are continually improving that scalable, flexible platform and rich client application to connect the worlds companies and entrepreneurs. Our mission is to turn data into knowledge and make it accessible for everyone to explore and search.
Frontend Engineering at Crunchbase
We are hiring a Staff Frontend Engineer to build flexible, metadata driven user interfaces across the Crunchbase platform and act as a mentor to more junior engineers. User Interface and User Experience are the key drivers helping us to achieve our vision. We care deeply about creating something that feels right in every detail, and we’re looking for engineers with either a proven design aesthetic or a passion for front-end components to help us go faster. Are you ready to help us build UI Architecture that, much like it’s platform counterpart, enables rapid iteration, high availability, and a fast & delightful experience?
What You'll Do:
- Build a lazy-loaded Angular module to support a new product
- Write an Express middleware to bootstrap data on the server
- Work with Product and Design to explore new feature ideas and flows
- Write a client-side service communicate with backend microservices
- Use developer tools to understand server and client side performance
- Collaborate with Backend teams to design an API for a new platform function
What We're Looking For:
- Familiarity with Angular/React or Typescript is a plus, but not required
- You are motivated to participate in ongoing learning and growth through pair programming, code reviews, application of new technologies and best practices.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Solid understanding of computer science and software engineering fundamentals
What Crunchbase Offers:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Remote first policy
- Generous Reimbursement policy for learning and development activities
- Monthly fitness / mental health reimbursement
- 10 weeks of fully-paid time off for new parents
- Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Volunteering Paid Time Off
- Incredible medical, vision, and dental benefits for employees & their families
- Free One Medical Group membership for employees & their families
- 401(k) and Roth plans, and free annual financial adviser check-in
- Monthly internet stipend
- Work from home allowance to purchase furniture for your work from home space
- Annual carbon offset
- Matching charity contributions for our Townhall awards
- A team of creative, transparent entrepreneurs driven to accomplish our mission
At Crunchbase, we value team members who are passionate and enthusiastic about what we're building here. We believe there is no "perfect" candidate, and want to encourage applying even if all the requirements listed aren’t met. If you're passionate about Crunchbase and looking to learn and grow, then we look forward to reviewing your application!
Crunchbase does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, veteran status, military obligations, or marital status. Every day our team is honored to work with entrepreneurs and innovators from every corner of the globe, and we aim to build a team that reflects the diversity of our customers. Each individual at Crunchbase brings their own perspectives, work experiences, lifestyles, and cultures with them, and we believe that a more diverse team creates more innovative products, provides a better service to its customers, and helps us all grow and learn as individuals.