Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in Oakland, Charlotte, Los Angeles and London.
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
The Application Platform team at Credit Karma enables our product engineering teams to build and manage their microservices at scale. We provide frameworks, tools and guidance to product teams to increase their velocity and allow them to maintain their services with ease. The frameworks we provide include GraphQL at the API layer and a microservices framework for the backend services in different runtimes such as Java, Scala and TypeScript. Through the frameworks, we solve some of the most challenging tasks of running the Application Platform, such as security, availability and scale.
Your role would be to work with the partners to gather requirements, build a roadmap for where the team could add the most value, guide design and promote execution.
After having successfully completed our transition to microservices, we are working on our next generation of frameworks which will allow us to handle the new challenges we are facing. If you are excited about what the future looks like and want to contribute. Please apply to the role and join us.
What you’ll do:
- Own projects and the complete software development lifecycle
- Work closely with team members to build scalable features and systems
- Optimize frameworks for maximum security, speed and scalability
- Influence the features and direction of the product with your own ideas
What’s great about the role:
- The autonomy, pace, and quick decisions of a startup, with the stability of Credit Karma’s mature platform
- You'll have lots of opportunities to break new ground, discover and seek brand-new challenges, and make key decisions impacting a large engineering organization
- Our teams make a big impact within Credit Karma Engineering, with the ability to help drive next-generation tools or features to increase their velocity
Minimum Basic Requirement:
- 7+ years of software development experience
- Experience implementing frameworks or libraries
- Experience with microservices architecture
- Understanding of scale, concurrency, security and observability
- Passion for exploring new technologies and frameworks
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience in a technical leadership role leading teams and setting technical direction
- Experience with GraphQL
- Knowledge of user experience and design best practices
- Knowledge of developer efficiency measures
- Lead impactful projects that have impact across all engineering departments.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Credit Karma is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth. As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated.
Credit Karma is also proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with applicable fair chance or similar ordinances.
COVID-19 update: Protecting the health of our employees and the candidates interested in a career at Credit Karma is our top priority. We appreciate your understanding and being open and flexible with any changes related to our interviewing process. Moving forward, all new hires are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to share proof of that status prior to their first day of onboarding. If you are unable to be vaccinated for medical or religious reasons, we will explore potential reasonable accommodations; however, Credit Karma may not be able to grant such accommodations in all cases.
Credit Karma is strongly committed to protecting personal data. Please take a look below to review our privacy policies:
- California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)