Candy’s mission is to deepen our connection to experiences that bring us joy. As fans. As collectors. As people creating lives, we’re passionate about living. We understand that connection because we’ve chased it since we were kids. We are unapologetic fans and serious collectors who see limitless possibilities in the digital revolution that’s disrupting – more like exploding – the way we engage and experience our favorite sports, music, art, and cultural icons.
We know the passion of being a die-hard fan and the need for the experience beyond the bleachers. We’re building a fully immersive storefront where fans can not only buy, sell, and trade their digital assets, but also experience a fully immersive marketplace that gives our users enablement beyond imagination with their digital assets.
- Michael Rubin- Founder & CEO of Fanatics & Philadelphia 76ers co-owner
- Mike Novogratz - CEO of Galaxy Digital, Pioneer Investor
- Gary Vaynerchuk- CEO of VaynerMedia, Social Media Entrepreneur
SO YOU WANT TO JOIN CANDY?
We are looking for a product-driven R&D Engineer to join the Experience team. This R&D Engineer will be responsible for bridging the connection between the engineering, product and experience teams. As an Experience Team, we are responsible for building and modifying our top tier code and product development. We fuel Candy’s success by playing a leading role in creating the best products for our customers. You will be part of a trustworthy, driven and dependable team. Above all, you will be responsible for helping Candy create a fandom.
We are searching for creative minds that are excited to take on challenges in the immediate while providing vision to the future. We want builders, innovators, and those that can not only think outside the box, but collaborate outside the box.
AS OUR MOST VALUABLE PLAYER, YOU WILL...
- Research and Development of new technologies and products as well as product innovation for various business units within the organization.
- Establish and maintain relationships to support the research and sourcing of new material to further enhance our product line.
- Process new products based on approved project scopes from executive management.
- Collaborate with the Marketing team to evaluate the feasibility and timing of the project.
- Independently operate equipment, including but not limited to injection molding and extrusion, to produce R&D samples.
- Interact with other departments such as Product and Engineering to achieve a smooth development.
- Assist in the evaluation of projects throughout the development stages.
- Optimize and Evaluate Process and Product Specifications.
WHO ARE YOU?
- You have 5+ years experience working with technologies such as Unity, Python or GoLang.
- You have experience working in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Experience in project management tools – to execute mid to high complexity projects in production environment.
- Expertise with Computer Systems, Networking, Software, Barcode Labeling.
- Expertise with validation.
- Continuous improvement / Six Sigma / Complex Root Cause analysis.
- Excellent communication skills.
- You have excellent communication skills.
- You have ease presenting your work and explaining design decisions.
- A love of sports, collectibles, blockchain & crypto, and/or collectibles!
You’ll Love Working here because...
- Our People. You will be working with the top players who are the most talented, fun, supportive, and innovative leaders and teams. Aka, people you can be proud to work with!
- Our Mission. We believe that we are building something great and that the best things we create will make the world a better place. Our goal is to deepen our connection through experiences to fans and collectors globally.
- Perks. Our team-based culture provides the foundation for people to do their best work and constantly learn and grow. We offer a full slate of benefits, including competitive salaries, stock options, health coverage, and unlimited vacation. Given that we’re an early-stage startup, our benefits package continues to evolve as we do. Your ideas and suggestions matter to us!
Our Core Values.
- Trust. We safeguard the goal. We believe we will only succeed if we earn trust – trust of our people, trust of our customers, trust of our partners. We will strive to achieve and keep faith at all times.
- Innovation. We dream big. We’re endlessly curious and constantly searching for the best, the better, and the never-before imagined.
- Excellence. We take big swings. We have high expectations of ourselves in everything we do.
- Grit. We push past the finish line until the last second. Giving up is not an option. We will always find a way.
- Inclusion. We are a team player, and we are in it together. We believe that diverse thinking comes from different thinkers, and we need all perspectives to come together and win.
- Authenticity. We are the real deal and always authentic in what we create, our dealings with others, and in who we are as human beings.
- Accountability. We carry the ball. We hold ourselves to the highest moral and ethical standards. We will be fair and honest and take responsibility for our actions.