We’re Coinbase. We’re the world’s most trusted way to join the crypto revolution, serving more than 89 million accounts in more than 100 countries.
Our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web 3.0 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the crypto economy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we assess whether a candidate demonstrates our values: Clear Communication, Positive Energy, Efficient Execution, and Continuous Learning. Second, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play like a championship team. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
To strengthen our growing Enterprise Applications team, we are looking for an experienced Staff Enterprise Architect passionate about transforming technology into critical business value. You will synthesize a product vision into key technical decisions and partner with Business Units and engineering teams to buy, build, launch, and scale solutions in the Salesforce platform. You will report to the Sr. Manager of Enterprise Architecture. This person needs to have an authority level understanding of Salesforce products, in and across enterprise systems.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Identifying with leadership the business capabilities to solve salesforce platform needs by making clear recommendations for transitional/future state architecture in written format as presentations or documents
- Maintaining diagrams that highlight the relationship between business value, capabilities and technology by creating logical, business, integration and functional architecture artifacts for review by engineering teams and security
- Document feedback on RFP’s and evaluation of new or changing architecture regarding the salesforce features cross the enterprise system landscape by being an input into vendor score cards, negotiations and security review analysis
- Help mentor and influence engineers by providing frameworks, guidelines and best practices for implementing and configuring salesforce technology
- Prototyping new salesforce capabilities and how they will be integrated into the larger coinbase ecosphere by creating small to medium demos of new services that can be decided on potential future implementations
- Identify future needs and best of breed opportunities for the salesforce enhancements by presenting quarterly roadmaps for architecture improvements and tech-debt reduction
- Determine and clarify salesforce roles, permissions, patterns and security for capabilities by mapping out in documentation why each project should utilize the recommendations
- Improve EA maturity in non-functional requirements and security review processes by providing actionable feedback to the organization
- Help reduce technical debt by maintaining and prioritizing decisions and work that needs to be fixed longer term.
- Design and suggest a multi salesforce org strategy
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- BA/BS in Engineering, or Computer Sciences
- 10+ years experience in engineering and technical hands-on roles
- Proven success in applying a structured approach to analyze business problems and architect innovative technology-based solutions within the defined enterprise guidelines and standards.
- Ability to rapidly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies and apply them to business needs.
- Experience and understanding of the Salesforce products architecture and capability, and cloud technologies. Salesforce Certification is preferred.
- Experience with Customer Success & Growth Products and Technology: Salesforce Service Cloud, Salesforce Experience Cloud, Salesforce Success Cloud, Heroku, Tableau, MuleSoft, Project Accounting, Omni-Channel, Unified experience, Personalization, Global Search, Customer Identity, Early Warning System, Customer 360 for Salesforce, Trailhead and Learning management systems
- Experience with C360 For Salesforce experience and personalization technologies : Web Rendering Engine/Chassis, Lightning Design System, Lightning Web Runtime, Google Server tagging, Interaction Studio and C360 Audience
- Experience with large scale project delivery (e.g., Customer Relationship Management, Business Intelligence / Enterprise Data Platform, Enterprise Resource Planning / Financials, etc.). Has served as solution architect for multiple enterprise application implementations (including complex integrations)
- Proven ability to lead the development of architecture roadmaps, and strategies. Experience in defining architecture current and future states, capabilities, mapping applications to capabilities, performing capability gap analysis, defining business values and identifying and evaluating options to close gaps.
- Ability to define, maintain and manage architecture models, frameworks, and artifacts and their building blocks (lower level component) [for the assigned business unit].
- Ability to balance the long-term ("big picture") and short-term implications of individual decisions.
- Strong leadership skills and superior visual and oral presentation skills.
- Excellent strategic thinking, analytical and technical skills.
- Experience with multi-org salesforce implementations
- Experience depreciating and integrating salesforce technologies after M&A
Nice to haves:
- Experience with Salesforce, Marketing Cloud, Mulesoft and Slack
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with Apex, Platform events and Lightning
- Experience with vendor management is a plus
- Experience with LeanIX
- Passionate about the crypto economy and DeFi
- Experience in the tech industry with recent experience implementing 1 or more large salesforce orgs
- Experience with M&A playbooks
Sound cool? Let's work together.
Notice for Colorado applicants as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20). Target annual salary for this role performed in Colorado, is $188,275 + target bonus + target equity + benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)).
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.