About the Company
At Torc, we have always believed that autonomous vehicle technology will transform how we travel, move freight, and do business.
A leader in autonomous driving since 2007, Torc has spent over a decade commercializing our solutions with experienced partners. Now a part of the Daimler family, we are focused solely on developing software for automated trucks to transform how the world moves freight.
Join us and catapult your career with the company that helped pioneer autonomous technology, and the first AV software company with the vision to partner directly with a truck manufacturer.
What you'll do:
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to develop tools that enable map-based autonomous driving. As part of the mapping team, you will be able to design, implement, and improve algorithms used to create and manage map data as well as assess the health of maps. Moreover, you will be responsible for developing components to support on-vehicle software.
- Analyze and develop the current map creation and maintenance algorithms, ensuring our self-driving vehicles have the most accurate maps, to drive safely and smoothly on the road.
- Mentor other junior engineers, guide all technical aspects of development, including technical requirements definition, design, implementation, unit testing, and integration.
- Research the state-of-the-art mapping algorithms and apply excellent algorithm design and programming skills to improve our software.
- Prototype and deploy robust and reliable solutions to map creation and maintenance problems.
- Collaborate closely with a creative team of engineers and researchers.
- Gain a deep understanding of not only the self-driving technology, but also its real-world challenges and how to convert such technology into real products.
What you'll need to succeed:
- A degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Robotics, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or related technical field
- Either B.Sc. and 10+ years of relevant work experience in robotics, aerospace or automotive systems engineering, OR a M.Sc. degree and 7+ years of experience OR a PHD and 5+ years of experience.
- Strong experience with C++ development.
- Deep technical knowledge in at least one of: Software architecture design, HD mapping, 3D, geometry, robotics, data conflation algorithms.
- Strong knowledge with Linux OS.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to collaborate efficiently with other team members.
- Experience leading engineering projects is nice to have
- Ability to troubleshoot software, optimize code, and perform unit testing. Be able to collaborate with other team members to do integration testing.
- Experience with ROS (Robot Operating System) is a plus.
- Experience with Python is a plus.
- Experience with Machine Learning is a plus.
Perks of being a Torc’r
Torc cares about our team members and we strive to provide benefits and resources to support their health, work/life balance, and their future. Additionally, we are always open to suggestions to accommodate individual employee needs. Torc offers:
- Full coverage of monthly medical premiums for full-time employees
- Medical/dental/vision/ AD+D and Life Insurance
- 401K plan with employer matching
- Annual learning and development stipend
- Leadership development training
- Collaborative, energetic, and team-focused work environment
- Flexibility in schedule and generous paid vacation