Sr Software Engineer in Test at ServiceNow (San Diego, CA)
At ServiceNow, our technology makes the world work for everyone, and our people make it possible. We move fast because the world can't wait, and we innovate in ways no one else can for our customers and communities. By joining ServiceNow, you are part of an ambitious team of change makers who have a restless curiosity and a drive for ingenuity. We know that your best work happens when you live your best life and share your unique talents, so we do everything we can to make that possible. We dream big together, supporting each other to make our individual and collective dreams come true. The future is ours, and it starts with you.
With more than 7,400+ customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2021 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies®.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
We are seeking an energetic, motivated, and experienced Software Engineer in Test in the Advanced Technology Group (ATG) with strong knowledge of Quality Engineering and automated testing methodologies and tools. In this role, you should have a passion for quality and will work closely with developers, data scientists, product managers, and quality engineers as part of a world class engineering organization on test automation strategies, frameworks, development, execution, and metrics reporting. This is a fast-paced, impactful role to help ensuring we build the most advanced and robust solutions in the industry and deliver outstanding experience for our customers.
What you get to do in this role:
- Design automated testing frameworks to ensure system reliability, capacity, and scalability.
- Develop and execute automated tests based on project requirements using modern test frameworks and tools.
- Automate testing of RESTful Web Services and integrate test automation with automated build and continuous integration process.
- Investigate automated test failures, report issues in defect tracking system, and provide metrics to product teams and QE Management as appropriate.
- Provide subject matter expert knowledge on automated testing and tools, and act as a strong advocate for quality in the product development process.
- Contribute to improving QE processes, work across organizational boundaries and exercise appropriate influence to ensure commitment to customers and product quality.
To be successful in this role you have:
- 4+ years of experience as a SDET, developer or Test Automation Engineer
- Proven experience creating automation frameworks and tools to support test automation
- Proficiency in OOP design
- Experience working in a Linux/Unix environment.
- Working knowledge of continuous integration and deployment tools
- Strong understanding of SDLC and CI/CD concepts.
- Experience with Quality Engineering practices and methodologies.
- Experience with driving root cause analysis investigations and postmortems for defects and regressions.
- Exceptional debugging, problem-solving, and communication skills.
- Proven ability to drive cross-team technical discussions and decision making.
- Strong aptitude and helpful attitude in providing excellent support to cross-functional organizations.
- Bachelor's or Master's in computer science or related field
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
All new employees hired in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such exceptions as required by law. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or have an approved accommodation, by your start date. Visit our Candidate FAQ page to learn more.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site .
Work personas are categories that are assigned to employees depending on the nature of their work. Employees will fall into one of three categories: Remote, Flexible or Required in Office.
Required in Office
A required in office work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office. This persona is required to work from their assigned workplace location 100% of the work week based on the business needs of their role.
A flexible work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office and will work from their assigned workplace location roughly 3 days/week or less (generally around 40-60% of the work week). Flexible employees may choose to work the remaining working time from their workplace location or home. Flexible employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.
A remote work persona is defined as an employee who performs their responsibilities exclusively outside of a ServiceNow workplace and is not contracted or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office, including those whose place of work (pursuant to their terms and conditions of employment) is their home. Remote employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.