Sr Software Engineer- Marketing Technology at The Walt Disney Company (Orlando, FL)
This role directly impacts guest experience in the park by providing millions of guests with personalized, important, helpful content when and where they need it. The Senior Engineer would be responsible for supporting product application capabilities within Guest Messaging Platform team by working with internal partners, external partners and vendors to design, implement and sustain technical business solutions that are leveraged across Disney Parks. This position plays a key role in ensuring the delivery of new messaging capabilities and is directly responsible for leading the sustainment of these technical business solutions.
- Continuously create and look for innovative ways to improve processes and functionalities.
- Design, build, test, implement, communicate and sustain messaging capabilities and issues.
- Oversee assigned projects from inception to completion.
- Partner closely with users to enhance and optimize processes, understand needs/requirements, and create technical business solutions.
- Collaborate with internal partners, external partners and vendors on the design and building of business solutions.
- In the near term, help consolidate our guest messaging technologies into a single, modern, real-time platform using Adobe Experience Platform, Snowflake and AWS technologies, apply the platform across multiple communication channels, and drastically improve guest experience by applying new personalization capabilities.
Basic Qualifications :
- 7+ years of software engineering, analysis and design
- 7+ years of full software development lifecycle experience
- 5+ years with Internet technologies including RESTful web services
- Proficient in all aspects of programming and analysis including design patterns
- Some experience with Adobe Campaign administrative functionalities, including schemas, input forms, web applications, typology rules and advanced workflow design/troubleshooting.
- Some exposure Adobe Experience Platform, Snowflake and AWS technologies like Glue, Step Functions, S3, Kinesis and Lambdas.
- Some experience with onboarding data into AEP Profile, Eventing and Journey Orchestration.
- Some experience with Braze messaging and API integration.
- Strong attention to detail and a strong commitment to delivering high-quality solutions.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral. Excellent interpersonal skills necessary to work effectively within the organization.
- Strong meeting facilitation skills with the ability to guide and explain technical topics and environment changes to non-technical partners.
- Solid technical judgment, strong organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent problem determination and solving skills - ability to navigate different technical structures and environments.
- Ability to collaborate with team members and leverage business partners to research and design potential new and innovative solutions.
- Experience with Adobe Campaign and Adobe Experience Platform.
- Experience with dynamic programming languages, ideally Python.
- Experience working in a large data environment with Snowflake and/or SQL Server.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services like Glue, S3 and Lambdas.
- Experience with GitHub and automated release management systems.
- Familiarity with Object-Oriented Programming Principles.
- Hospitality/Travel industry experience.
- Knowledge of large database and marketing principles and trends.
- Previous experience in supporting marketing campaigns.
Required Education :
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Sciences, Marketing, Business, Engineering, MIS or related field or equivalent experience.