Sr Software Engineer - FlowDesigner (Front End Focus) at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We’re looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.Job Description
This position reports to: Senior Manager, Platform Engineering
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
Come join the Platform Engineering team and work with a talented group of developers building out next generation technologies in the ServiceNow cloud platform. This team is responsible for the innovation, features, and architecture that make ServiceNow a powerful platform used by many Fortune 500 companies. You will have the opportunity to work on exciting technologies such as UI componentry, predictive intelligence, workflow & automation, and developer tools & IDE.
What we are looking for:
You are an experienced engineer that is passionate about building great user experiences, is generally excited about new front-end technologies, and is ready to push the boundaries of what is achievable. You are looking for challenges and opportunities and have the ability and desire to bring new ideas. You are enthusiastic about working in the latest technologies, such as React, Redux, WebComponents, GraphQL, etc. You are a team player and will work with other experienced co-workers to help us evolve the technology stack to build modern and awesome user experience for our customers. You must possess a solid understanding of building amazing, performant and scalable user interfaces with large scale data, an obsession with design aesthetics, and engineering excellence.
What you get to do in this role:
- Build highly interactive web-based application UIs that can scale with application complexity
- Create tools, libraries, and frameworks for other developers to build upon
- Work with a strong set of teams to improve developing and deploying applications and customizations
- Apply new technology and innovation to improve platform functionality
- Deliver and outstanding experience for our customers
- Define and implement best practices and design patterns
- Design and establish the Architecture other engineers would follow on new products
- Full Stack work with 70% focus in Front End
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- 5+ years of software industry experience
- Passion for software development and problem solving
- Significant experience working on highly interactive user interfaces for high volume web applications
- Deep knowledge of AJAX, JSON, HTML, XML, CSS, SOAP, REST and associated frameworks
- Experience with Java or a similar OO language
- Experience with relational databases and SQL
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Experience with open source technologies like Linux, Apache/Tomcat and MySQL
- Bachelor’s/Master's degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.