LivePerson is a transformational force in how brands and consumers communicate. With over 18,000 brands, including HSBC, Verizon, and Home Depot, we are on a mission to make life easier for people and brands everywhere through trusted Conversational AI. We believe in a future where conversations are the norm for getting your intentions fulfilled - whatever they are.
We are an innovative, intent-driven company that believes in building the future and we are looking for growth minded, unconventional thinkers, developers and builders to join the team.
In this role, you are responsible for setting a high bar throughout the software development and deployment lifecycle, including design, development, documentation, testing, and operations. You will collaborate closely with the senior management, product managers, scientists, software developers, as well as numerous internal and external partners and stakeholders. The right candidate is self-directed, capable of working independently leading medium-size teams in ambiguous environments to define deliverables, shape outcomes, and lead teams toward successful results. The candidate must be able to thrive in a flat, fast-moving environment that relies on lightweight processes to deliver a huge impact.
You will thrive here if:
- You can operate in a fast-paced, and dynamic environment
- You can build partnerships that move our business forward
- You build code that is secure, reliable, high performance, simple, understandable, and clean
- You see feedback or failure as motivation to learn and to grow
- You believe data-driven decision making is the norm
- You relate to our core principles (link) and want to work with Conversational AI experts
In this role you will:
- Manage and lead several engineering teams for LivePerson's Bots & Automation department. Your responsibility will be to plan, design, and deliver complex, broad-scale systems that span several departments or functions.
- Develop and report performance metrics for your teams and coach them for success.
- Set goals for your direct reports which are aligned with the company goals.
- Support other team members and work together to achieve the best results
- Be responsible for the growth of the teams in the USA with a strong involvement in the hiring process. You will collect the requirements from the team leads, request a budget for a new headcount, work together with our HR team, and finally be an active part in each interview.
- Always think long term and never sacrifice a long term goal for short term success.
- Be responsible and accountable for the product vision and product roadmap. You will work together with the local product manager, corresponding team leads, and senior management to craft the product vision, mission, tenets, and roadmap for each team.
- Keep an eye on industry standards and best practices. Never stop learning. Always challenge the status quo.
- Work together with teams in the US, India, Israel, and UK
- Master/BA/B.Sc. in Computer Science / Engineering or equivalent professional experience
- 10+ years of experience in Software development, Product development & Management
- Strong distributed system skills with good knowledge of microservice applications
- Experience in building up teams and motivating them
- Experience in leading people and being able to deal with difficult personalities
- Ability to deal with ad hoc changes
- Being customer-obsessed
- Experience with Java, Node.JS, Git is a plus
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes is a plus
- Strong communication and organizational skill
- Last but not least, be somebody who enjoys working with multiple teams and multiple stakeholders, is customer-centric, and feels strongly about building good software as well as making software achieve its operational goals.
Why you’ll love working here:
LivePerson was named to FastCompany’s World’s most innovative companies of 2020 list for the Artificial Intelligence category. We offer top tier tech & data science colleagues, along with opportunities to push your own limits. We embrace invention and experimentation. Most importantly, you’ll have an ability to make an impact at work and at brands across the globe as we build the future with trusted Conversational AI together.
At LivePerson, people from diverse backgrounds come together to do their best work and be their authentic selves. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regar LivePerson is a transformational force in how brands and consumers communicate.